The SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express offers you an opportunity to save on interest with a 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months after that your APR will be a variable rate of 14.49% – 21.49%. There’s also more to this card that makes it one of the best cash back business cards with no annual fee.
Earn 5% cash back on the first $50,000 spent at wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and U.S. office supply stores. Earn 3% cash back on the first $50,000 spent in the category of your choice from a list of eight. Then, earn 1% cash back on other purchases! With the ability to choose the category of your choice, you can optimize your rewards that best suit your business!
Editor’s Note: If you have a side business such as selling on eBay, Craigslist, or do freelance work, then your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID.
Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card Summary
With the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card:
Earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months.
0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.49% - 26.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening. APRs will not exceed 29.99%
Plus, earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power§.Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
This card comes with no annual fee (See Rates & Fees).
$50,000 A Year on 5% and 3% Bonus Categories
The Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Credit Card is considerate of how every business is distinct and unique to each yet have common essential basics needed for success. It’s carefully formulated its cash back rewards program to benefit just about any type of business.
- 5% Cash Back up to $50,000 a Year – Earn 5% cash back at U.S. office supply stores and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers up to $50,000 in purchases per calendar year. Then, earn an unlimited 1% thereafter.
- 3% Cash Back up to $50,000 a Year – Earn 3% cash back on the category of your choice from a list of eight up to $50,000 in purchases per calendar year. Then, earn an unlimited 1% thereafter. Choose the category that matches your highest business expense to earn the most cash back as possible.
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- Hotel rooms purchased directly from hotels
- Car rentals purchased from select car rental companies
- U.S gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- NEW U.S. computer hardware, software and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
- Earn Unlimited 1% Cash Back – Earn 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases. There is no limit on how much cash back can be earned.
Customize & Combine for 8%
The SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express not only allows you to customize your bonus cash back rewards but also receive additional discounts with OPEN Savings. OPEN Savings is a business benefit included in your card to receive 5% discount with participating partners FedEx, Hertz, HP.com, 1800flowers.com, and BN.com(Barnes & Noble).
Save even more with the Amex SimplyCash Plus Business Card. Combine and line up your cash back bonus categories with the 5% discounts with OPEN Savings partners.
For example, if one of your biggest business expense is packing and shipping, receive a total of 8% in combined cash back rewards and savings by choosing U.S. purchases for shipping as your 3% bonus cash back category and by using your card at OPEN Savings partner FedEx to save an additional 5%.
Keep an eye on out for partner promotions and deals that can be stacked and added for even more savings. There are restrictions and limitations that apply with each OPEN Savings partner.
Business Tools & Benefits
Experience business management benefits and tools that can streamline your finances and help with overall business practices.
- OPEN Forum – Get support, insight, advice, and the latest in business news and research with OPEN Forum. Get help from other business owners and experts. Find answers on business topics that include staff management tips, business growth, and marketing.
- ReceiptMatch – Quickly and easily manage your expenses. Enjoy built-in features that will add receipts and tags and notes to each transaction.
- Additional Employee Cards – Get additional employee cards at no extra cost. When employees use their card on purchases, you will earn cash back rewards towards your account. You can also adjust employee card limits to closely monitor spending.
- Purchase and Travel Benefits – Get purchase protection and extended warranty with purchases made on the card. Travel benefits that come with the card include travel accident insurance, car rental loss and damage insurance, baggage insurance, and roadside assistance. However, use another card when making purchases outside the U.S. since there is a 2.7% foreign transaction fee.
- AmEx Offers – Enjoy special discount offers by spending a set amount for statement credit back.
The SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express is fantastic. What’s really appealing is the cash back rewards system and how you can tailor the categories to maximize/optimize your cashback earnings. On top of that, this card comes with no annual fee! In conclusion, this card is best suited for small businesses! Review our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.