My Banking Direct is offering a 1.05% APY rate on its money market account for balances of at least $5,000. A division of New York Community Bank, MyBankingDirect offers a promotional 1.05% APY for balances between $10K and $150K. The free online banking has no monthly service charges, free bill pay, and free ATM card. As with all Money Market Account, you’re limited to 6 of these withdrawals per month.
- High interest rate on MMA’s
- Easy to open an account
- Free Bill Pay
- Must request login information for their website
- There’s a $5 monthly fee to link to outside bank accounts for ACH transfers from within account
- Account number and routing number cannot be found online, and cannot be requested via email
- The website is difficult to navigate
However, they do charge $4.95 per month to be able to use MoneyHQ in order to do ACH transfers from the account, with the lone initial funding exception. No cost if you initiate ACH transfer from another bank. As with all Saving accounts, anything over 1% is considered great these days. Check out other bank rates to see which one is worth your time.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Plus Credit Card offers 75,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
You'll also earn 3,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
• Earn 2X points on Southwest purchases.
• Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
• Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
You're able to redeem your your points for flights, hotel stays, gift cards, access to events & more!
This card does carry a $69 annual fee.