The US Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card has launched and comes with a bonus offer of 30,000 points (worth up to $600). This card is most suitable to those who spend heavily at restaurants, gas stations, and airlines. With this card, you can earn 3X FlexPoints for every $1 spent at restaurants, 2X FlexPoints at gas stations and airlines, and 1X FlexPoints for every eligible net purchase charged to your card.
The US Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card offers a fantastic enrollment bonus. The current offer is 30,000 bonus FlexPoints after you spend $2,000 in Net Purchases within the first four months of account opening. Those 30,000 points are valued up to $600 in airline tickets. Although you’ll receive the most value from FlexPerks points when you redeem them for airline award tickets, FlexPerks can be redeemed for airfare, statement credits, and/or gift cards.
The US Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card offers a great bonuses in the following categories:
- Earn 3X FlexPoints for every net $1 spent at restaurants.
- Earn 2X FlexPoints for every net $1 spent at gas stations.
- Earn 2X FlexPoints for every net $1 spent at airlines.
- Earn 1X FlexPoint for every $1 of eligible net purchases charged to your Card.
With the US Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card, you can redeem your FlexPoints easier:
- An airline award ticket starts at just 20,000 FlexPoints.
- Travel on more than 150 airlines with no blackout dates or online redemption fees. List of available airlines.
- Redemption starts at just 1,000 FlexPoints for merchandise, gift cards, statement credits and more.
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry automatic statement credit reimbursement for whichever program you apply for first. Upon approval, enjoy expedited travel screening at participating airports.
- Complimentary Boingo Wi-Fi membership to stay digitally connected worldwide at over 1 million hotspots.
- Global Dining Program features savings and complimentary benefits at leading restaurants around the world.
- $25 Airline Allowance offers reimbursement for up to $25 per air travel award ticket toward baggage fees or in-flight food and drinks.
- Smart Chip Technology to provide better security and convenience to spend worldwide.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Extraordinary American Express Benefits
- CONNECT from American Express brings it all together. Visit amexconnect.com/flexperksgold for Entertainment Access.
- Concierge Service
- Retail Protection
- Lost Luggage Insurance
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- ID Theft Expense Reimbursement
- Emergency Assistance
- Additional Cardmember Benefits
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Travel Accident Insurance
This US Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card comes with a much higher annual fee than the older card. There is a $85 annual fee in which cannot be waived for the first year. However, you are able to pay the annual fee using 5,000 points starting from year 2 of owning the card onward. With this method, the points have a value of 1.7 cents.
What Are FlexPoints Worth?
- Airfare (up to 2 cents per point)
- Hotels, Car Rentals & Cruises (up to 1.5 cents per point; 1.25)
- Merchandise (1 cents per point)
- Gift Cards (1 cents per point)
- Statement Credit/Cash (1 cents per point)
- Annual fee (1.7 cents per point at 5,000 points)
- National Car Rental® Discounts: Up to 25% off and a Free Rental Day each year. To reserve, book online or call 800.CAR.RENT®. Coupon Code and Contract ID required at time of reservation. Call 866.311.5550 or visit https://flexperkspromos.usbank.com for your Coupon Code and Contract ID. Valid only in the U.S.
- Andrew Harper Travel Club complimentary membership giving you preferred access to travel resources and services.
- BostonCoach®: Enjoy chauffeured car service with Cardmember discounts in hundreds of cities worldwide. For more information, visit www.bostoncoach.com/flexperks or call 800.672.7676.
This card is certainly worth it if you’re a heavy spender at restaurants, airlines, and/or gas stations. The 30,000 bonus miles is quite a generous bonus valued from $300 at the least up to $600. The only downside about this card is its $85 annual fee that cannot be waived for the first year, but the benefits offsets this con. What catches my attention the most regarding this card is the bonus categories. With this card, you can earn 3X FlexPoints for every $1 spent at restaurants, 2X FlexPoints at gas stations and airlines, and 1X FlexPoints for every eligible net purchase charged to your card. I’m quite a heavy spender is all of these categories, especially at restaurants, so I’ll give my personal recommendation for this card! Let us know in the comment section below on your thoughts and experience with this card. For more credit cards, see our complete list of credit card bonus promotions.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.