If you purchased at least one uncoated copper tube Lennox Aire-Flo, Armstrong Air, AirEase, Concord or Ducane brand evaporator coil between 10/29/2007 and 7/9/2015, you may be entitled to a $550 reimbursement from the Lennox Evaporator Coil Class Action Lawsuit. This settlement resolves a lawsuit accusing Lennox of manufacturing and selling air conditioning and heat pump systems that contain defective evaporator coils that are susceptible to corrosion. now the company is reimbursing customers that have experienced a leak that required replacement within five years after installation. Lennox has denied any wrongdoing but have agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
Lennox Evaporator Coil Class Action Lawsuit:
- Lennox Evaporator Coil Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 2/1/2016
- Who’s Eligible: All U.S. residents who, between Oct. 29, 2007 and July 9, 2015, purchased at least one uncoated copper tube Lennox brand, Aire-Flo brand, Armstrong Air brand, AirEase brand, Concord brand, or Ducane brand evaporator coil, covered by an Original Warranty, for their personal, their family, or their household purposes, that was installed in a house, condominium unit, apartment unit, or any other residential dwelling located in the United States.
- Estimated Amount: Class Members have three options:
- A one-time $75 service rebate;
- An aluminum tube or coated copper tube replacement coil after the first coil replacement;
- Up to $550 as a retroactive reimbursement for labor and refrigerant charges for the replacement of the original coil (in the event there is more than one coil replacement); and
- Up to $550 as reimbursement for labor and refrigerant charges for each uncoated copper tube coil replacement after the first replacement.
- Proof of Purchase: Yes, you must provide documentation of purchase, repair, and service dates and costs, as applicable.
- Case Name & Number: Thomas v. Lennox Industries Inc., Case No. 13-cv-07747, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Consumers that have purchased a Lennox Aire-Flo, Armstrong Air, AirEase, Concord or Ducane brand evaporator coil between 10/29/2007 and 7/9/2015 can get a $550 reimbursement from the Lennox Evaporator Coil Class Action Lawsuit. If you think you have deal with repairs or maintenance issues related to these evaporator coils, you should file a claim. You will need to provide proof of purchase and the claim deadline is 2/1/2016. You may be qualified for other Class Action Lawsuit Settlements.