Financial institutions (banks, credit unions, etc.) which issued Visa and/or Mastercard payment cards which were affected by Caribou’s data breach are eligible for a potential award from the Caribou Coffee Data Breach Class Action Lawsuit!
From August 2018 to December 2018, hackers allegedly stole payment card information from 473 locations across 24 states. Caribou has not admitted to any wrongdoings, however, they have agreed to settle the class-action lawsuit in order to avoid the further risk and cost of ongoing litigation.
So if you are eligible, file a claim by December 22, 2020 to receive your potential award!
Caribou Coffee Data Breach Lawsuit
- Claim Form Deadline: December 22, 2020
- Who’s Eligible: Financial institutions (banks, credit unions, etc.) which issued Visa and/or Mastercard payment cards which were affected by Caribou’s data breach.
- Affected cards were reportedly subject to alerts from Visa US-2018-0449 series (e.g., US-2018-0449a-PA, US-2018-0449b-PA, US-2018-0449c-PA, US-2018-0449d-IC, and US-2018-0449e-IC) or MasterCard ADC006148-US-18 series (e.g., ADC006148- US-18-1, ADC006148-US-18-2, and ADC006148-US-18-3)
- Estimated Amount: Exact payment amounts will depend on the number of valid claims filed, but payments will be distributed on a proportional basis
- Proof of Purchase: Number of issued accounts (both Visa and Mastercard) affected by the data breach
- Case Name & Number: Village Bank v. Caribou Coffee Co. Inc., et al, Case No. 0:19-cv-01640, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
(Click here to file a claim)
How To File a Claim
- First, head over to the Caribou Coffee Data Breach Claim Form.
- Next, look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Then complete the claim form with your information.
- Lastly, submit your claim by December 22, 2020 to receive your potential award!
If you were affected by the breach, then be sure to file a claim by the deadline to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!