The Chase Liquid Card is a re-loadable payment method that is accepted nearly anywhere that accepts VISA® debit cards. Chase Liquid is a great way to manage your money without having to deal with a checking account. It’s also a great starter card to give to your children to get them used to using debit cards without setting up a bank account.
If you do want a bank account and you’re looking for basic banking services, check out our review of the Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM accounts. For more Premium banking services, you may want to consider the Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account.
Chase Liquid Fees:
The Chase Liquid card has extremely competitive pricing compared to other reloadable payment cards. You can enjoy no-fee withdrawals at any of Chase’s ATMs for a small $4.95 monthly fee. In addition, once you are ready to open a Chase checking account you can continue to use your Chase Liquid card and waive the monthly fee when it is linked to a qualifying Chase checking account. The Chase Liquid comes with a few other fees for you to be aware of, see the chart below:
|Deposited Item Returned/Cashed Check Returned
For more details on Chase Liquid card fees, refer to Chase’s terms and fees page.
How to Activate Chase Liquid:
- Go to your local branch to apply for a Chase Liquid Card. A $25 initial load will be required to get started.
- Load cash and checks at any Chase ATM, load checks using Chase Quick Deposit or Direct Deposit, or transfer funds from eligible accounts.
- Enjoy making in store and online purchases with your new Chase Liquid Card.
- Reload easily without any fees with Direct Deposit, at Chase ATMs, using Chase QuickDeposit or transfer funds from accounts.
Note: Chase Liquid has a flat monthly service fee of $4.95
Chase Liquid is a simple payment card for consumers who want to avoid checking accounts. The card is accepted at almost any store or restaurant that accepts Visa debit cards and can be reloaded at any Chase Bank branch or ATM. If you’re looking for a more complete banking experience, check out our full list of Chase Checking Promotions.
The IHG One Rewards Traveler Credit Card offers 100,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
• Up to 17 total points per $1 spent when you stay at IHG Hotels & Resorts
• 3 points per $1 spent on purchases on monthly bills, at gas stations, and restaurants.
• 2 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
This card has no annual fee or foreign transaction fees.