College can be the land of new beginnings filled with learning, exploring, and a lot of ramen noodles for those penny pinching days. If you’re a college student who wants to start building your credit all the while having a credit card that rewards you for good money habits, the Citi mtvU Platinum Select Visa Cardfor College Students is the answer. The card gives you 5 reward points for every $1 you spend on books, movies, music and at restaurants. It is distinctive among other cards because it awards points for getting a good GPA- talk about incentive to do well in school! ThankYou points are rewarded as follows:
GPA Score Points
2.50 – 2.99 250
3.00 – 3.49 500
3.50 – 3.99 750
Aside from earning reward points by getting on the Dean’s List, you are rewarded for paying your bills on time and not going over your credit limit. Of course it goes without saying that you would need to put charges on the card to earn any points first. Receive 5 points for every dollar you spend on purchases at the book store, record store, restaurants (including fast food), movie theaters, and video entertainment rental stores; and1 point for every dollar you spend on other purchases. With these points, you can redeem them on the ThankYou Redemptions Network reward program to get gift cards, CDs, VIP mtvU Spring Break Passes, tickets to the MTV Video Music Awards, and airline tickets.
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 7 months. After that introductory period, the APR for purchases will be variable, between 13.99% and 21.99% depending on your creditworthiness.
- 5 reward points for every $1 you spend on books, movies, music and at restaurants.
- 1 reward point for every $1 you spend on other purchases.
- 25 reward points each month when you pay on time and stay under your credit limit.
- Up to 2000 reward points twice a year for having a good GPA. At the end of every semester, just send in your transcript and get extra points!
- 10% discount on music and entertainment products at shop.mtv.com.
- Access to exclusive mtvU experiences like free concert tickets, tickets to the mtvU Woodie Awards or VIP status at mtvU’s Spring Break.
- No annual fee. Enjoy platinum cardholder benefits and the card’s rewards system at no cost.
- No cosigner or minimum income required.
If you are a good student who is financially responsible and capable of making payments on time in order to avoid paying interest, sign up for the Citi mtvU Platinum Visa card for College Students to get rewarded today!
Check out the best credit cards for college students!