Choosing a diamond has been likened to choosing a life partner: one must tread with care. It’s true that most guys sweat over the task of selecting a perfect proposal ring. However, it can be a fun and enjoyable process if you take the correct approach. Diamonds have great brilliance, plus the delightful quality know as fire, or dispersion, the ability to take in white light and throw back flashes of color. Diamonds are graded into dozens of categories. While this is helpful to the professional, it can be confusing to the average consumer.
At Whiteflash, they're all about the Ideal Cut Diamond carrying the largest inventory & best selection of AGS certified ideal diamonds in the world!
• Exclusive provider of their own A CUT ABOVE® Super Ideal Diamonds
• Finest designer brands such as Tacori, Verragio, Simon G, Ritani, Danhov, Vatche, and Benchmark
• Entire staff GIA trained including several Graduate Gemologists & Diamond Graduates
• Complete Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
Research And Learn
As with any significant purchase, start by researching your options. Educate yourself about the four C’s and determine which diamond qualities are most important to you. This decision, along with your budget, will help guide your diamond purchase.
Diamonds are graded according to the four C’s, a system created by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). It’s important to know where a diamond falls in each of the categories, since these qualities affect a diamond’s appearance. Online grading scales can help. The four C’s include:
- Diamond Cut
- Diamond Clarity
- Diamond Color
- Diamond Carat (Weight)
Look For Specifics
When shopping online, make sure you know exactly what you are buying. Some sites show diamonds with a range in carat weight, color or clarity. To ensure you know the value of the stone you’re purchasing, look for specifics on its four C’s, not a range.
Look For a Grading Report
Make sure the diamond comes with an independent grading report, like those provided by GIA, which provides an unbiased analysis of the diamond’s four C’s. A diamond’s value is largely determined by quality, so an objective, third-party assessment of the four C’s is critical.
At James Allen, their diamond and gemstone fine jewelry collection offers hand-crafted pieces of unforgettable luxury that are perfect for any occasion.
• Their mission is to offer consumers online the highest quality diamonds & largest selection at the best price.
• 150,000+ certified conflict-free diamonds, all photographed in 360° HD
• 24/7 Diamond Experts, with option for Real-Time Diamond Inspections
• Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping Worldwide
• Hassle-Free Returns with 100% Money Back Guarantee
Verify the GIA Report With Report Check
If the diamond comes with a GIA report, you can verify the report details on Report Check, GIA’s secure, online database and even print out a facsimile of the report, when available. It’s a convenient way to make sure that the online product description matches the grading results.
The GIA Diamond Grading Report provides a full assessment of a diamond’s quality using the 4Cs. View a sample report.
Look For A Laser Inscription
For added security, find out if the diamond’s grading report number is laser-inscribed on its girdle. In some cases the diamond will be inscribed before it is offered for sale, or it can be requested at the time of purchase. In addition to the diamond’s unique GIA report number, the inscription can be a personal message or symbol for identification. The microscopic inscription is viewable under 10X magnification, using a jeweler’s loupe, and because it’s noted on the diamond’s GIA report, it will help ensure that the diamond you receive matches the report issued for it.
Microscopically inscribing the report number on the diamond’s girdle makes it possible for you to easily identify your diamond in case it is ever lost or stolen.
Get To Know The Seller
Once you’ve decided on the diamond that’s right for you, there are a few quick checks to do on the company you’re considering buying from. You’ll want to know:
- How long has the company been in business?
- What kind of reviews has the company received?
- Does it belong to any jewelry trade associations? (Associations often have ethical guidelines members have to meet.)
- Do they offer secure transactions?
- Are the online representatives helpful?
- What is the return policy?
- Where is the seller located?
- How will the diamond be shipped? Is the shipment insured? Is signature required for delivery?
- In addition to the above, if you’re buying from online auction sites, you’ll also want to look into buyer feedback and ratings and determine if the seller is providing sufficient evidence of the quality of the diamond offered for sale, such as photographs, a grading report, or report number that can be verified
|Where Is The Best Place To Buy An Engagement Ring?
|Best Place To Buy Online
|Best Diamond Cuts
Decide The Payment Method
Each online retailer or auction site will specify how it will accept payment. If you paid with a credit card and if there is a problem with the purchase, most credit card companies provide recourse. Using a check or a money order for your purchase can reduce your options. Using a credit card is a good way to take advantage of large purchases to benefit from the rewards points!
The Chase Sapphire Reserve offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $900 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
• 5X total points on flights
• 3X points on other travel and dining
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $550 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
Get Your Diamond Appraised
Once your beautiful diamond is in-hand, have an independent appraiser confirm that it matches the seller’s description and accompanying paperwork. The appraiser will also provide you with the value of the diamond for insurance purposes.
View The Diamond In Person
The convenience of online shopping can’t be beat if you’re researching your options and trying to narrow your choices. Be aware that diamonds that appear to be almost identical on a grading report ? same color, clarity or cut grades ? may look different from each other when viewed in person. Ultimately, your decision is a personal one, so seeing the diamond with your own eyes is the best way to determine if it’s right for you. So look for online sellers with retail stores and/or easy and flexible return policies.
The vast majority of online diamond purchases go smoothly. Follow the recommendations above to greatly increase your chances for a stress-free and secure online diamond purchase.
At Blue Nile, their jewelry is designed and crafted with high-caliber, quality materials and inspected with exceptionally high standard.
• Highest Diamond Quality Standard & Authenticity Certified
• Get More For Less & Always Have The Best
• Best Price: Find a comparable GIA graded diamond for less and they’ll match the price. Pay 20% up to 40% less than traditional jewelers
Before purchasing a diamond, you should expect to review a copy of its certificate as proof that it has undergone an unbiased and professional examination.
A diamond certificate, also called a diamond grading report, diamond dossier®, or diamond quality document, is a report created by a team of gemologists. The diamond is evaluated, measured, and scrutinized using trained eyes, a jeweler’s loupe, a microscope, and other industry tools. A completed certificate includes an analysis of the diamond’s dimensions, clarity, color, polish, symmetry, and other characteristics. Many round diamonds will also include a cut grade on the report.
Now that you’ve become more educated on how to purchase the perfect ring for your true love, know that it not only represents a lifetime commitment, but it may be the only piece of jewelry she never removes. Like the marriage itself, the ring should be beautiful, timeless, and able to withstand many decades – and a few hard knocks. If you would like to shop from one of the best Diamond Companies, you should stop by and check out Blue Nile Diamonds and James Allen Diamonds.
Good luck with your diamond purchasing and be sure to come back to HustlerMoneyBlog for all of your financial needs!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3x on dining, select streaming services and online groceries
• 2x on all other travel purchases
• 1x on all other purchases
• $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, plus more.
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.