It looks like Samsung users will soon also be able to earn points for making everyday purchases with their smartphone. Samsung wants to push out their mobile payment method and therefore will be releasing a rewards program where you can earn points on everyday purchases made through Samsung Pay. You can even double up on points with each transaction if you have another reward system with a credit card. The program is in full swing as of November 18, 2016 and will require you to have a Samsung Smartphone and use the Samsung Pay App. The points you earn will be added towards gift cards and other Samsung products.
Editor’s Note: Samsung Pay has increased the number of cards that can be linked to its rewards program some of these include Amex, Chase, Barclaycard, Capital One, etc. It is super simple to link your card, simply take a picture and your card will be linked.
Samsung Pay Rewards Info:
Samsung will classify the rewards based on how much you spend into four different tiers: Entry, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- Entry – 0-5 transactions a month
- Silver – 6-20 transactions a month
- Gold – 21-30 transactions a month
- Platinum – 31 + transactions a month
How to get Samsung Pay Rewards:
- Must have a Samsung smartphone
- Link your credit cards
- Enjoy Samsung Pay Rewards Program (Rewards Program Started November 18, 2016)
- Purchase items with Samsung Pay and earn points
If you’re already a Samsung user this is great to take advantage of! Samsung kicked this rewards program into high gear so you can start racking up your points and getting rewards back. I think the best part about this promotion is you don’t have to purchase anything in particular in order to get the rewards, you just go on buying your daily items and will get rewarded for it. If you want to check out other ways you can save money, see our full list of articles to save money!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.