The settlement will benefit individuals who had a background report provided to a prospective employer by First Advantage between Aug. 17, 2012, and Nov. 20, 2020 without prior authorization. You may be eligible for a potential award from the First Advantage Background Checks Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the plaintiffs, the background check company failed to secure prior authorization from consumers as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The class actions claimed the company routinely flouted federal law when running background checks on consumers. So if you are eligible, check out the link below to receive your potential award!
First Advantage Background Checks CAL
- Claim Form Deadline:
- 02/07/2024 to redeem the discounts
- 02/07/2025 to redeem the disclosures
- Who’s Eligible: The settlement benefits individuals who had a background report provided to a prospective employer by First Advantage between Aug. 17, 2012, and Nov. 20, 2020 without prior authorization.
- Estimated Amount: $30 Discounts and nine free disclosures
- Proof of Purchase: If First Advantage’s records indicate you are a class member, you will be sent a notice.
- Case Name & Number: First Advantage Credit Cases, JCCP No. 4961 (Cal. Super. Ct., San Mateo Cty.), which is the proceeding coordinating Larroque v. First Advantage LNS Screening Solutions, Inc., Case No. CIV-535083 (Cal. Super Ct., San Mateo Cty.), and Chism v. First Advantage Background Services Corp., Case No. CGC-17-560531 (Cal. Super. Ct., San Francisco Cty.), in the Superior Court of the State of California County of San Mateo, Civil Complex Department
(Click here to file a claim)
How To File a Claim
There is no claim form required, but if you would like to redeem the discounts, you can do so by February 7, 2024.
If you are eligible, file a claim by the deadline to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.