If you purchased an extended services plan from Staples in New York between Feb. 1, 2010 and Aug. 31, 2013 you may be eligible for a potential award from the New York Staples Service Plan Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Staples allegedly failed to disclose that its extended services plans required to use any coverage available under the manufacturer’s warranty before using the coverage that was obtained over the extended service plan. Staples denies the allegations but have agreed to settle the class action lawsuit in order to avoid ongoing litigation and expenses. If you’re eligible, submit a claim form by February 26, 2018!
New York Staples Service Plan CAL:
- New York Staples Service Plan Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 02/26/2018
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who, purchased any extended plans from Staples in the state of New York from Feb. 1, 2010 to Aug. 31, 2013. The extended plans include product service plans that were administered and/or supported by Assurant and which applied to computers, digital readers, laptops, and other technology products.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: None Listed
- Case Name & Number: Andrew Orlander v. Staples Inc., Case No. 1:13-cv-00703-NRB, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the New York Staples Service Plan Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by February 26, 2018 to receive your potential award!
Individuals who bought a Staples extended services plan in New York between Feb. 1, 2010 and Aug. 31, 2013, may be eligible for a potential award from the New York Staples Service Plan Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, Customers of Staples that had purchased an extended services plan overpaid for the service as it overlapped with the manufacturer’s warranty before receiving coverage from the extended service plan itself. If you have purchased a Staples extended service plan, simply file a claim for a potential award by February 26, 2018! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!