*Offer is over*
If you have traveled by airplane within the past 3 years, you must have noticed the exorbitant baggage fees along with other upgrade costs that skyrocket the supposedly great deal on round-trip tickets. A good way is to sign-up for bank-issued airline credit cards that offer perks such as fee waivers and free upgrades. One such card is the Continental OnePass® Plus, an airline rewards MasterCard issued by Chase, that allows you to earn up to 40,000 bonus miles the first year and 10,000 bonus miles every year thereafter. You’ll get 25,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and another 5,000 bonus miles for adding an authorized user. I would simply add someone in my family to get the extra 5,000 miles. With 30,000 bonus miles, that’s more than enough for a free round-trip ticket. You’ll enjoy these benefits and bonus miles with no annual fee for the first year, a saving of $95.
- Sign-Up Bonuses. Receive 25,000 bonus miles – enough for a round-trip reward valid within the United States (excludes Hawaii) and Canada. Earn an additional 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user to your account and use your card within 2 months of opening your account. Additionally, new customers receive a $50 statement credit.
- Additional Mileage Bonus. The Continental brand and the OnePass program will be assimilated with United’s Mileage Plus program by the end of the year 2011. You can instantly transfer miles between programs to get the most from this program. Existing United customers can obtain the 30,000 bonus miles and the $50 statement credit, even if they already have one of United’s co-branded cards. Also, you can earn 10,000 Bonus Miles annually when you spend $25,000 on your card. These miles can be used for car rentals and hotel stays as well.
- Additional Travel Perks. Priority boarding, two annual Presidents® Club day passes, first checked bag free , and special guest privileges through the luxury hotel & resort collection.
- Purchase Annual Percentage Rate. 14.24%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
- Annual Fee. This card waives the $95 annual fee for the first year.
- Travel and Service Protection. The Chase Continental Airlines OnePass Plus card provides travel protection travel insurance for cardholders, including trip cancellation coverage, lost luggage coverage, auto rental collision damage waiver, and roadside assistance. Another awesome perk is if you find a lower price for an eligible item purchased with the card, you can be reimbursed for the difference.
Remember, your first bag is free when flying with Continental or United. If you travel more than 2 times a year (at $25/bag each way X 4), it ends up paying for itself for your annual fee after your first year. You’ll earn up to 40,000 bonus miles for first purchase with an additional authorized user, and annual spending. Cardholders get priority boarding privileges on Continental and United flight along with two complimentary United club passes. If you’re a savvy consumer, avoid the excess costs associated with flying by applying the Chase Continental OnePass® Plus today!
Check out our complete credit card bonuses list!