For those of you with a U.S. Bank Card, the new 5% cash back categories have been announced for the Second Quarter of 2018. You’re now able to select your bonus categories for Q2 by logging in to your account. Cardholders will be able to earn up to $2,000 cash back on Ground Transportation, such as Uber and Amtrak which replaced the Charities category on February 15, 2017. Log into you U.S. Bank account today and choose your Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories! You’ll even get to choose your 2% cash back categories!
U.S. Bank 5% Cashback 2018 Q2 Categories:
U.S. Bank offers the Cash+ Card, which lets you choose two categories every quarter to earn 5% cash back in. In February 15, 2017, the “Charity” category was replaced with the “Ground Transportation” category.
- Categories for 5% Cashback
- Ground Transportation
- Select Clothing Stores
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Stores
- Car Rentals
- Gyms/Fitness Centers
- Fast Food
- Sporting Goods Store
- Department Stores
- Furniture Stores
- Movie Theater
U.S. Bank Cashback 2018 5% Cashback:
- January – March: Ground Transportation, Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres (Must choose two) (valid through 3/31/2018)
- April – June: Ground Transportation, Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres (Must choose two) (valid through 3/31/2018) (valid through 6/30/2018)
- July – September: TBA (Valid through 9/30/2018)
- October – December: TBA (Activation begins 9/1/2018)
If you don’t have a U.S. Bank Cash+ Card, they have 0% Introductory APR for the first 9 billing cycles on any balances transferred within 30 days from account opening, 5% cashback on two categories you choose, 2% back on your choice of one every day category (limit of $2,000 earned), 1% cash back on everything else, no annual fee and no limit of total cash back earned. And if you’re a Uber or Amtrak user, adding grounds transportation in February as one of their 5% cashback categories will be very beneficial to you. For more ways to Save Money, check out our full list!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.