If you received an automated call to your cell phone from The Warranty Group or American Residential Warranty between 3/7/2011 and 8/11/2015, you may be eligible for a payment of up to $500 from The Warranty Group Class Action Lawsuit. According to this lawsuit, The Warranty Group and its business partner, American Residential Warranty, made unsolicited calls with an automatic dialer to consumers’ cell phones and telephone numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry in order to promote certain home warranty products. In doing so, the two companies allegedly violated the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) because some consumers did not agree to receive these calls. The defendants deny any wrongdoing but have agreed to settle the claims in order to avoid ongoing litigation.
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart AdvantageTM and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Chase College Checking Review
Warranty Group TCPA Class Action Lawsuit:
- The Warranty Group TCPA Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/17/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who placed a call to American Residential Warranty, but did not speak to anyone or leave a voicemail, and who, between 3/7/2011 and 8/11/2015, received a call on a U.S. telephone number from the defendants for the purpose of offering home warranty products.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $500
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Flanigan v. The Warranty Group Inc., et al., Case No. 14-CH-00956, in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, County Department, Chancery Division
How to File a Claim:
- Head to The Warranty Group TCPA Claim Form
- To submit a Claim Form online, you must choose to fill out the Short Claim Form or the Long Claim Form.
- The Short Form requires you to state that you received an unauthorized call on your cell phone or received more than one call on your telephone number that was registered on the National Do Not Call Registry. The maximum payment for this form is $125.
- The Long Form requires you to provide the same information as well as a copy of your wireless cell phone bill(s) showing receipt of these calls. You will also have to state that this information is true. The maximum payment for this form is up to $50 per call for up to 10 calls.
- File your claim by 12/17/2015 if you want to be included in The Warranty Group TCPA Settlement.
When you included your number in the National Do Not Call Registry, you expected NOT to receive calls from solicitors. The Warranty Group and American Residential Warranty may have ignored this request and placed a prerecorded call in order to promote certain home warranty products between 3/7/2011 and 8/11/2015. If this happened to you, you may be able to make a claim and get up to $500 cash from The Warranty Group TCPA Class Action Lawsuit. If you think you qualify for this class action lawsuit, make sure you file a claim by 12/17/2015 and then check out the entire list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from HMB!
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Earn 4X Membership Rewards(R) Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards(R) points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
Earn 3X Membership Rewards(R) points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.