If you have ever received an email from Uber from April 20, 2012 to March 25, 2013 from stating that there would be a 20% charge for gratuity, you may be eligible to receive a cash payment of up to 40% of the charges they paid in gratuity fees. According to the lawsuit, plaintiffs claimed that Uber misrepresented the 20% charge that goes into gratuity fees for the driver and instead kept some of those funds. Uber has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 12/23/16 to receive your potential award!
Uber Class Action Lawsuit:
- Uber Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/23/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you received an email from April 20, 2012 to March 25, 2013 from Uber stating that 20% of gratuity fees all go to the driver
- Estimated Amount: 40% of the charges paid for gratuity
- Proof of Purchase: Yes, class members must have received a notice email and they must submit a claim ID
- Case Name & Number: Ehret v. Uber Technologies Inc., Case No. 3:14-cv-00113-EMC, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco Division
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Uber Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 12/23/16 to receive your potential award!
- If you failed to submit a claim by the deadline, the potential reward will be refunded as Uber credit.
Uber has agreed to settle a lawsuit regarding emails they sent out from April 20, 2012 to March 25, 2013 stating that all 20% of gratuity fees go to the driver, however Uber has been taking a portion of those funds. Uber claims they did not do anything wrong but has agreed to the settlement to resolve any fees and other future legal issues. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 12/23/16 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers up to $250 - Here's How: Earn up to $150 back when you shop with PayPal. Earn 20% back as a statement credit on purchases when you use your new Card to check out with PayPal at merchants in the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $150 back. Plus, earn $100 back as a statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in the first 6 months of Card Membership.
Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 17.74% - 28.74% variable APR.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 1% back on other eligible purchases.
• Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Every Card to spend $13.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).