I believe these are the best available credit cards for signing up. The Chase freedom is no longer the same rewards for new cardholders.
- Citi Platinum AmEx 3% back – 15k bonus Thank You Points signing up. Get 5% back for supermarkets, drug stores, gas, and 3% for Everything else for two years only. $125 fee waived first year. Great for people using TYP to pay student loans.
- Charles Schwab 2% Cash back on all purchases – unlimited 2% cash back with no annual fee. However, you must also open a brokerage account with Charles Schwab since the cash back automatically deposited into a Schwab One brokerage account each month.
- HSBC Orchard Bank 2% cash backfor all purchases – also get 3% back for gas. This is a hit or miss since the only one you want is the no annual fee card. If they offer the annual fee card, call them on the phone to cancel and maybe they switch to the no fee one.
- Fidelity 2% cash back on all purchases – you must also open a Fidelity MySmartCash account to have your cash back deposit into your account.
- Citi Forward 5% back for restaurants – 11K bonus points bonus. Also get 5% back for movies, books, Amazon.com, and bars too. Great to use the TYP for paying student loans.
- PenFed 5% cash back for gas – no tier and unlimited 5% cash back for gas. Also 2% for groceries and 1.25% for everything else.
- Discover More 5% cash back on various categories – $50 bonus after $500 in purchases. The 5% cash back categories change every few months. For examples from April to June is 5% back on department stores, home improvement stores, and clothing stores.
- Costco Business AmEx card – those with a Costco membership, this is a must have card to get 5% back on gas, 3% for restaurants, 2% for travel, and 1% for everything else. Great to combine with Costco executive membership to maximize your cash back for shopping at Costco since they will only take American Express.
Quick Free FICO Score and Report
MyFico is giving your credit Score Watch and report Free Trial for thirty days. They will remind you when your free trial is up. The best part is they are making the cancellation extremely easy. Simply visit this MyFico cancellation page so you won’t ever have to pay anything! Once you login, the cancellation is quick with an easy cancellation button. No need to call customer services or dealing with them selling other financial products.
Checking your credit score and report are vital to your financial health. Visit MyFico today to get your free credit score and report.