Walgreens is settling a class action lawsuit alleging it violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) after making prerecorded calls to pharmacy customers’ cell phones. If you received a prerecorded call on your cell phone reminding you that a prescription was due for a refill at Walgreens, you may be eligible for a payment of up to $15 cash from the class action settlement. Apparently, Walgreens did not obtain consent from its customers to make these calls, violating the TCPA. Walgreens denies any wrongdoing and claims that the phone calls were necessary medical alerts.
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $500 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $10,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking®: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking® account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking® account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking® Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB222 by 06/15/2022 along with a competitive interest rate of 0.60% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
Walgreens TCPA Class Action Lawsuit:
- Walgreens TCPA Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 7/22/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone living in the U.S. to whom Walgreens placed a Prerecorded Prescription Call to their cell phone on or before 4/3/2015.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $15
- Proof of Purchase: Name, address, and phone number.
- Case Name & Number: Kolinek v. Walgreen Co., Case No. 13-cv-04806, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Walgreens customers that received a prerecorded call on their cell phones from Walgreens on or before 4/3/2015 may be able to make a claim and get up to $15 cash. If you think you qualify for the Walgreens TCPA Class Action Lawsuit, just file a claim and provide them with your name, address, and phone number. There’s an entire list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements that you could be checking out right now!
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
• 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
• 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores
• 1% back on other eligible purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).