Kroger (store locator) is one of the largest grocery chain stores that first opened in Ohio. Chances are, you probably have one near you. When shopping for necessities like groceries, these expenses add up quickly. However, Kroger has some good stuff you can use to your advantage to help you save your hard earned cash. My favorite part of Kroger is their fuel points program. You get discounted gas while earning points for shopping at their supermarket. Here are 6 Ways to Save Money at Kroger, by using the Plus Card, Gift Cards, and Fuel Rewards.
|Chase Freedom® Card - Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. -Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.|
Apply Now---Chase Freedom Card Review
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express - Earn $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months. Earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%).|
Learn More---Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
|Capital One® SavorOneSM Cash Rewards Credit Card - Earn $150 cash bonus |
after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months. Earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining & entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
Learn More---Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Review
6 Ways to Save Money at Kroger:
1. Buy Kroger Gift Cards: My first rule of retail shopping is to buy store gift cards. Get your discount before you ever make it to the store. You’ll get sale prices even if there is no promotion, simply pre-purchase a gift card from a gift card exchange site. My favorite sites to shop for Discounted Kroger gift cards are eBay, Raise.com ($5 Off Code), CardCash or CardPool ($5 Off new user sign up). With pre-purchased Kroger gift cards you have already saved up to 6% on your entire purchase.
2. Kroger Plus Loyalty Card: Your second step to saving money on retail is to always sign up for loyalty programs and memberships. This will get you exclusive deals, extra savings and even special store hours or promotions. Kroger in particular sends out store coupons that include free items and lets you earn bonus fuel points toward discounted gas prices. I regularly get coupons for free eggs, frozen vegetables and other grocery items that I already routinely buy.
2. Use Coupons: As mentioned above Kroger has their own store coupons which they mail out regularly to customers who sign up for their loyalty membership. But Kroger also accepts manufacture’s coupons to stack and also lets you use local competitor coupons. Before you head out to the store, simply check their site and scan for coupons you can print to use in-store. Be sure to check Store Coupon Policy.
3. Get the Kroger app: It’s probably the easiest way to save, you can choose from that week’s available digital coupons and add to your card. At check out, just scan your linked Kroger Loyalty card bar code number and your coupons apply automatically. The Kroger app also create shopping lists, browse weekly store ads, refill prescriptions in seconds and check your fuel points.
4. Catalina Coupons: A Catalina are the coupons that print next to your receipt in grocery and drug stores. Usually they require a total purchase amount or quantity to print. These are valuable because they are like a rebate for your purchase. They are good on your next purchase usually with a short expiration date. We learn about Catalina coupons from folks that find them in the store and report on couponing sites or forums.
5. Kroger Fuel Points: When you spend $100 with your Plus Card you earn 100 points. 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for each fill-up. This is an easy way to save on gas when spending on regular expenses like groceries anyway. The Fuel Program allows you to receive savings of up to $1 off per gallon on fuel purchases at Kroger and 10¢ off per gallon at participating Shell Stations.
6. Cash Back Credit Card: If you don’t have an American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card, I’d recommend you get one. This card gives you 6% cash back at U.S. Supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases and then receive 1% after. Let’s say you spend $100 a week on groceries like I do in a household of 4, that’s easily $312 of savings a year! Don’t forget that’s also almost $4 in fuel points, at years end that would net you about another $128 in added savings.
And finally, Kroger regularly has “Mega Sales” when you mix & match specific eligible items at a discount. For example, currently they are offering $4 off when you buy 4. Items range from personal care products to food items and more. These sales are a good time to stock pile pantry and other non-perishable everyday items. Applying just a few of these strategies will help you save money today and in the long run at Kroger Supermarkets. See more Ways to Save Money!
|HSBC Advance checking account: Get $350 when you open an Advance checking account, fund account with at least $5,000 in New Money in combined checking and savings accounts within 30 calendar days of account opening and maintain balance for 90 days AND set-up monthly direct deposits from a third party into the checking account for 3 consecutive months Member FDIC Terms|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB619 by July 1, 2019 along with high interest rate of 2.10% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K by July 15, 2019 to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details. Apply Now---Discover Savings Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 5 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 5 Checking Review
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Additionally you can earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Apply Now---Chase Checking & Savings Review|