When it comes to saving money, there are various methods that you can use. Do not feel discouraged about how poorly your spending problem is because this is where we will guide you onto the right path. Amazon features great services as well as deals to help your shopping. These deals also come with little loopholes that you can take advantage of to save even more money. Regardless whether you’re a college student or just an adult that needs some guidance in the money department, these top 12 money saving tips will help clear up troubles.
Editor’s Note: If you’re not a current member of Amazon Prime, you can sign up today for a FREE 30-day trial and redeem this offer today! Being an Amazon Prime Member comes with many benefits, check out all their Prime Perks & Benefits. You have access to FREE 2-day shipping, instant access to video streaming, unlimited music streaming to over a million songs, exclusive deals, and much more! Sign up today!
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card - Earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on purchases plus $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in net purchases in the first 3 months. The Cash Wise Visa is a great card to have especially with the unlimited chances to earn cash back and no annual fees! Apply Now|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited® - Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. No minimum to redeem for cash back and your Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open. Plus, there's no annual fee to worry about! Apply Now|
|HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card - Earn $150 cash back when you make $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, plus earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases. Get the card with a cash back bonus, travel and shopping benefits, and more! Apply Now|
12 Ways to Save Money on Amazon:
1) Prime Membership: If you’re a college student, Amazon provides a free 6 month trial with Amazon Student which offers free two-day shipping, unlimited photo storage and many more benefits. Once your trial is over, you’ll then be charged with the Amazon Prime membership for half the cost. Regular Amazon Prime membership is $99, so that is 50% savings right there! If you want to maximize this tip, you can sign up for Amazon Student and cancel before you’re charged with the Amazon Prime membership fee. This goes for not just only Amazon Student, but also the regular Amazon Prime membership. This will ensure that you won’t be charged with a huge fee and you’ll get to enjoy the benefits of Amazon while you can. In addition, if you have EBT card or Medicaid card, you can apply for Amazon Prime for Low Income Households for just $5.99 per month which comes with the same benefits as regular Amazon Prime.
2) Discounts: Amazon also offers discounts on various items that can be seen on their front page. You’ll be able to click through the discounted items within the categories provided. By doing this tip, you’ll save money on items that you could’ve bought at regular price which we don’t want right? Make sure to search through the items and find the cheapest offer that there is. Ebates also offer discount codes on specific items when you type in”Amazon” into the search bar and click on “Amazon Coupons”. By shopping on Ebates, you’ll receive not only great items at discounted prices, but you’ll also receive cash back up to 3% – 7% depending on what you buy.
3) Free Shipping: Another money saving tip is that Amazon offers free shipping on certain items. Some items may cost you regular shipping, which is why you must search thoroughly to look for that one item that features free shipping. Shipping costs can start little as a dollar and can go up to $50. For example, they are currently doing an offer where if you spend $25 or more on eligible books or at least $49 worth of eligible products, you’ll receive free shipping. Make sure you to keep your eye out for special offers like this. You want to save as much money as you can!
4) Free Returns: One good thing that Amazon offers is free returns which a lot of online websites tend to not offer. Only products that say that they are eligible for free returns on the product detail page are eligible for free returns. With this option, you don’t have to worry about paying for any fees to return any items. But make sure that it applies with your item since some items on Amazon do not offer free returns. For more information, Amazon provides a list of information on free returns.
5) Price Comparison Plug-in: To make sure you’re getting the best deals there is to offer, there are price comparison plug-ins to help you save more money. A great example is the PriceBlink plug-in that you can easily install in less than 5 minutes. These plug-ins will take the cheapest prices available and will be presented to you when you’re shopping. This helps to save time and money!
6) Trade In Your Stuff: Though Amazon offers items that can be purchased whenever and wherever, you also have the option to trade in your items through the Trade-In program. Amazon will provide you with gift cards when you trade in your items such as tables, phones, books, and etc. It’s not actual cash back, but if you’re an avid Amazon user, you’ll enjoy this tip because it’s an endless cycle of saving money!
7) Use Your Loose Change: If you’re that type of person that enjoys collecting loose change and changing it into big buck then this tip is perfect for you. Bring your loose change to a Coinstar kiosk to turn it into money. If the kiosk accepts bills, you can get an Amazon gift card there. This is a fun little trick that you can do because we all know when we exchange our loose change for bills, there’s that sensation of satisfaction when you do.
8) Subscribe and Save: Sign up with Amazon’s subscribe and save program to receive discounts on everyday items. This program features free shipping and up to 15% off of your entire order. That’s such a huge deal! Make sure to sign up and look for items provided that will fill your needs.
9) Amazon Family: When it comes to having a family, we all know how pricey it can get, especially if you have a newborn. Well Amazon provides a great program called the Amazon Family, where you can discounted prices of up to 20% off on diapers and essentials that you need. If you’re a Prime member with the Amazon Family program, you’ll receive a free Baby Registration Welcome Box, a 15% completion discount on eligible items on your Baby Registry, and more.
10) Amazon’s Today Deals: When it comes to shopping for great deals, always look at the main page near the top. That area usually will show you “Deal of the Day,” “Lightning Deals” and other limited-time offers. If there are items that you have in mind but don’t want to purchase immediately, then you can click on the “Watch this deal” option next to your item. By doing this, you’ll never lose track of what you want and it’s a great way to control your budget. Rather than having to buy items all at once, you can budget out your plan and receive your items at discounted at all times!
11) Amazon Warehouse Deals: Amazon has another program called Amazon Warehouse Deals where you can find a good selection of selection of open-box, used, and closeout items for up to 50% off or more. As an online retailer, it’s common for Amazon to experience a high rate of returns. Purchasing an item after viewing a photo of it isn’t the same as actually handling the goods before making a purchase. As a result, many customers change their mind and return their purchase for a refund. Some goods can be restocked into the main inventory if the original packaging is undamaged, but many have to be resold as “used” because a customer opened the wrapper to see the product. Amazon Warehouse Deals sell goods at a reduced price on Amazon. Some reasons for items being sold as a warehouse deal include damaged outer packaging, lost instruction manuals, and small scratches or other insignificant damage. Amazon gives a detailed description of each item sold as a warehouse deal so you are aware of its condition before you buy. If you’re not happy with a deal when you receive the item, you can return it under Amazon’s 30-day return policy.
12) Amazon Credit Card: Get rewarded for shopping frequently on Amazon. Check out these three Amazon store credit cards: the Amazon.com Store Card by Synchrony Bank, the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card by Chase, and the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card by Chase. You must be an Amazon Prime user to apply for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card but not for the other two. The Amazon.com Store Card offers 5% cash back on all Amazon.com purchases for Amazon Prime members. The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card offers 5% back at Amazon and Whole Foods, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back on all other purchases. Lastly, the Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card offers 3% back at Amazon and Whole Foods, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and 1% back on all other purchases. None of them come with an annual fee. Take a look at the cards for more benefits and a possible sign up offer.
Amazon offers so many secret little money tips that can be easily researched. With the loopholes, there’s no way you can’t save money with these top 12 tips. With Ebates,you’ll receive cash back and can use that to buy more Amazon items! Amazon special programs offer discounted items and shipping will ease your wallet even more. Make sure to take advantage of the main deals that they offer near at the top of the page, where you can check out daily deals and save your items when you’re ready to purchase. These tips will guarantee that you’ll save money no matter what at all times!
|HSBC Advance checking account: Get $350 when you open an Advance checking account, fund account with at least $5,000 in New Money in combined checking and savings accounts within 30 calendar days of account opening and maintain balance for 90 days AND set-up monthly direct deposits from a third party into the checking account for 3 consecutive months Member FDIC Terms|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB619 by July 1, 2019 along with high interest rate of 2.10% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K by July 15, 2019 to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details. Apply Now---Discover Savings Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking: Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $200 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 5 Checking account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 5 Checking Review
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Additionally you can earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Apply Now---Chase Checking & Savings Review|