TradeKing is offering a nice incentive for traders to join: switch to TradeKing and get reimbursed up to $150 in transfer fees. With TradeKing, you’ll get an intuitive trading platform, fast trade execution, powerful charts and research, professional-caliber tools, our innovative Trader Network and much more, all for just $4.95 a trade. We’ll also refund transfer fees on ALL new accounts charged by your current broker up to $150. Note- this is open to US residents only.
What TradeKing Offers:
- Stocks and ETFs: $4.95 (for stocks/etfs priced over $1)
- Options: $4.95 plus $0.65 per contract (for up to 8 contracts) and $8.95 plus $0.15 per contract (for over 8 contracts)
- Short options valued at 5 cents or less, can be bought to close these positions for no charge (commission free)
- Multiple legs will only be charged one base price of either $4.95 or $8.95
- Mutual Funds: $9.95
- Bonds: $4.95/bond ($14.95 minimum)
- Treasuries: $24.95 per transaction
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs): $24.95 per transaction
- Investments: stocks, options, mutual funds, bonds, CDs, treasuries, ETFs
- Minimum to open account: $0
TradeKing was launched as a discount broker in 2005 and is known for their top-rated customer service as well as their polished trading platform. They provide great research tools, mobile trading access, and quite possibly one of the best options trading tools. TradeKing makes it their mission to stay innovative; they recently introduced the iPhone and BlackBerry trading applications in addition to expanding their free education resources with video tutorials, live webinars, and options playbook for all levels of traders. Some other notable features of TradeKing include having no minimum requirements or hidden fees and has no IRA setup or annual fees, as well as no account inactivity and maintenance charges. It should also be mentioned that TradeKing is also known for their excellent “Trader Network”- a community service forum that is useful for sharing and reading tips and exchanging trading ideas. Beginners could place broker-assisted trades for the low cost $4.95 and could learn to trade and get investing ideas among the website’s active community users. The education section contains everything for the rookie to know before trading as well as a section of intelligence reports available for the more advanced traders.
Overall, TradeKing is simply an excellent stock and options broker, and with their full host of videos and resources to help you get started and learn the platform, it is a good choice for beginning investors.
Check out the reviews for best online stock brokers!