Do you have an American Express Platinum Card? Then make sure to take advantage of some of their amazing features, such as access to their Centurion Lounges. They currently offer 8 locations in US airports: DFW, IAH, LAS, MIA, LGA, PHL, SFO, and SEA. These airport lounges offer tasty buffet style meals, premium alcoholic beverages, showers, conference spaces, and fast Wi-Fi. With this you can even bring in 2 guests for free. Make sure to take advantage of these perks while traveling with your AMEX Platinum Card, check out their perks and travel more comfortably!
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express has a welcome offer of 120,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 15.74% to 23.74% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
• 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
• 1.5X Membership Rewards points on eligible purchases at US construction material & hardware suppliers, electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers, and shipping providers, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year.
• 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
Get $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
This card does come with a $695 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees)
Centurion Lounge Locations:
- Las Vegas (LAS) – The Lounge is located in Concourse D, opposite Gate D1. The concourse is accessible from Terminal 1 or Terminal 3 via the transit system. Once you pass security, follow signs to D gates. Hours: 5 am – 11 pm.
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) – The Lounge is located in Terminal D, opposite Gate D17, on the mezzanine. The Lounge can be reached from any other terminal via the Skylink train. Hours: 5:30 am – 10 pm. Review
- New York – LaGuardia (LGA) – The Lounge is located pre-security in Central Terminal B, on the 3rd floor between Concourses B and C. If your flight departs from another terminal, you can take the purple, red or blue airport shuttle on the departures level. Hours: 5:30 am – 8 pm (Sunday – Friday), 5:30 am – 6:30 pm (Saturday).
- San Francisco (SFO) – The Lounge can be accessed post-security from Terminal 3 or from International Terminal G. All terminals are not connected post-security at SFO. If you are flying out of another terminal, you may be able to use your boarding pass to enter through T3 security, subject to approval by the TSA agent. After visiting the Lounge, you will need to exit through security, take the AirTrain or walk to your terminal and re-enter through security. Hours: 5 am – 11 pm.
- Miami (MIA) – The Lounge is located in Concourse D, near Gate D12, on the 4th floor. It is accessible via the SkyTrain within the D Concourse. If you are coming from another terminal, you must re-enter through security with either a connecting or onward boarding pass. Hours: 5 am – 11 pm.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) – The Lounge is located in Concourse B, opposite Gate B3. The Lounge is accessible from any security checkpoint. Hours: 5 am – 10 pm.
- Houston (IAH) – The Centurion Lounge is located in Terminal D and is accessible via the elevator located in the Duty Free Shop near gate D6. The lounge is airside, you can only access the lounge after you have gone through security. You can access Terminal D from other terminals without going through security via the SKYWAY (upper level) train. The Subway (lower, basement level) train connects all terminals outside of security. Hours: 5:30 am – 9 pm.
- Philadelphia (PHL) – The Lounge is located in Terminal A West, near Gate A14. Can be reached from any other terminal by walking or via shuttle bus. Hours: 5:00 am – 9 pm.
- Hong Kong (HKG) – The Lounge is located in Terminal 1. Take the escalator just before Gate 60. Hours: 5:30am – 12:30am.
- Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires (EZE) – Located in Terminal C. Take the stairs near Gate 15 to the entrance on Level 2, in front of the Aerolíneas Argentinas Lounge. Hours: 5:00am – 12:00am.
- Benito Juárez International Airport in Mexico City (MEX) – Located in Terminal 2, International. After security, on the left side, proceed to the Mezzanine Level via escalators or lift, entrance is down the hall and up the stairs. Hours: 5:00am – 12:00am.
Centurion Lounges Perks & Benefits:
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Lounge pods
- Computer workspaces with printers
- Large flat-screen televisions
- Premium cocktail bar
- Buffet style dining at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
If you have an American Express Platinum Card and you’re not taking advantage of Centurion Lounges while traveling, then you’re missing out on something great. Avoid those ridiculously crowded waiting areas and uncomfortable seats that all the common peasants have to suffer through. Relax in the Centurion Lounges and get enjoy showers where you can clean off that airport feeling, get comfy chairs, free buffet styled breakfast, lunch, or dinner and more! If you’re traveling soon, check if you’re heading to one of the airports above and plan to relax in a Centurion Lounge.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.