Do you have an American Express Platinum Card? Then make sure to take advantage of some of their amazing features, such as access to their Centurion Lounges. They currently offer 8 locations in US airports: DFW, IAH, LAS, MIA, LGA, PHL, SFO, and SEA. These airport lounges offer tasty buffet style meals, premium alcoholic beverages, showers, conference spaces, and fast Wi-Fi. With this you can even bring in 2 guests for free. Make sure to take advantage of these perks while traveling with your AMEX Platinum Card, check out their perks and travel more comfortably!
The The Business Platinum® Card from American Express has a welcome offer where you can earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® points. Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll also earn 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com. In addition, you'll get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
If you use your Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
This card does come with a $595 annual fee. (See Rates & Fees) Now, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
Centurion Lounge Locations:
- Las Vegas (LAS) – The Lounge is located in Concourse D, opposite Gate D1. The concourse is accessible from Terminal 1 or Terminal 3 via the transit system. Once you pass security, follow signs to D gates. Hours: 5 am – 11 pm.
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) – The Lounge is located in Terminal D, opposite Gate D17, on the mezzanine. The Lounge can be reached from any other terminal via the Skylink train. Hours: 5:30 am – 10 pm. Review
- New York – LaGuardia (LGA) – The Lounge is located pre-security in Central Terminal B, on the 3rd floor between Concourses B and C. If your flight departs from another terminal, you can take the purple, red or blue airport shuttle on the departures level. Hours: 5:30 am – 8 pm (Sunday – Friday), 5:30 am – 6:30 pm (Saturday).
- San Francisco (SFO) – The Lounge can be accessed post-security from Terminal 3 or from International Terminal G. All terminals are not connected post-security at SFO. If you are flying out of another terminal, you may be able to use your boarding pass to enter through T3 security, subject to approval by the TSA agent. After visiting the Lounge, you will need to exit through security, take the AirTrain or walk to your terminal and re-enter through security. Hours: 5 am – 11 pm.
- Miami (MIA) – The Lounge is located in Concourse D, near Gate D12, on the 4th floor. It is accessible via the SkyTrain within the D Concourse. If you are coming from another terminal, you must re-enter through security with either a connecting or onward boarding pass. Hours: 5 am – 11 pm.
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) – The Lounge is located in Concourse B, opposite Gate B3. The Lounge is accessible from any security checkpoint. Hours: 5 am – 10 pm.
- Houston (IAH) – The Centurion Lounge is located in Terminal D and is accessible via the elevator located in the Duty Free Shop near gate D6. The lounge is airside, you can only access the lounge after you have gone through security. You can access Terminal D from other terminals without going through security via the SKYWAY (upper level) train. The Subway (lower, basement level) train connects all terminals outside of security. Hours: 5:30 am – 9 pm.
- Philadelphia (PHL) – The Lounge is located in Terminal A West, near Gate A14. Can be reached from any other terminal by walking or via shuttle bus. Hours: 5:00 am – 9 pm.
- Hong Kong (HKG) – The Lounge is located in Terminal 1. Take the escalator just before Gate 60. Hours: 5:30am – 12:30am.
- Ezeiza International Airport in Buenos Aires (EZE) – Located in Terminal C. Take the stairs near Gate 15 to the entrance on Level 2, in front of the Aerolíneas Argentinas Lounge. Hours: 5:00am – 12:00am.
- Benito Juárez International Airport in Mexico City (MEX) – Located in Terminal 2, International. After security, on the left side, proceed to the Mezzanine Level via escalators or lift, entrance is down the hall and up the stairs. Hours: 5:00am – 12:00am.
Centurion Lounges Perks & Benefits:
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Lounge pods
- Computer workspaces with printers
- Large flat-screen televisions
- Premium cocktail bar
- Buffet style dining at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
If you have an American Express Platinum Card and you’re not taking advantage of Centurion Lounges while traveling, then you’re missing out on something great. Avoid those ridiculously crowded waiting areas and uncomfortable seats that all the common peasants have to suffer through. Relax in the Centurion Lounges and get enjoy showers where you can clean off that airport feeling, get comfy chairs, free buffet styled breakfast, lunch, or dinner and more! If you’re traveling soon, check if you’re heading to one of the airports above and plan to relax in a Centurion Lounge.
The The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
This card comes with an annual fee of $550 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings. Furthermore, you'll receive $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline. Plus, up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card® & receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts.
In addition, you can earn 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel & on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.