American National Bank offers a vast amount of account options. To find out if American National Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Most of the checking and savings accounts at American National Bank offer interest for almost no monthly fee or pretty low balance requirements.
They offer a relationship checking account that can even earn you two gift cards per month along with all their other premium high interest bearing ones.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with American National Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with American National Bank
- 11 American National Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How American National Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
American National Bank has a good selection of checking accounts and most of them will earn you interest rates that can be compared to big banks
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This interest bearing checking account allows you to earn higher rates and can be opened with $100.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
An economical checking account that can be opened with $100.
There are no minimum balance requirements, but there is a $5 monthly fee that can be waived if you sign up for direct deposit.
Alternatively, you can also waive it by being 22-55.
A relationship checking account that earns money market interest rates. You will need at least $100 to open it.
To earn interest, you will have to maintain a daily balance of $750, or else you will be charged a fee.
You are also eligible to receive up to 2 gift cards each month!
Another high interest earning account that can be opened with once again $100.
Since this account earns competitive interest rates, you will need a minimum balance of $10,000 to start earning interest.
Managing to maintain a daily balance of $10,000 will also waive the $15 monthly fee.
A checking account for all the high balance earners.
There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it as long as you maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
American National Bank has a few savings accounts, but they all earn pretty high interest rates.
This is a standard savings account that can be opened with $100.
The interest is paid monthly if you keep a daily balance of $100.
There is also a monthly fee of $2, but keeping $100 everyday in your account will waive it.
A health savings account for those who have a HDHP.
You will need a minimum deposit of at least $50 to open this account.
Your funds will roll over to next year if you don’t spend it.
You won’t have to pay any taxes either if you decide to withdraw funds.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
American National Bank has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
Consumer Money Market:
- Open this account with $2,500
- Interest is compounded monthly
- There is a $8 monthly fee, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $2,500
- Earns high-yield money market rates
- Up to 6 free withdrawals per month
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
American National Bank offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates.
To find out more information, you can call American National Bank or click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with American National Bank
- Offers a large variety of checking accounts that requires no minimum balance requirements or low monthly fees.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They have a 24 hour service banking line.
- They have a holiday savings account.
- Operates both within the United States and globally.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the American National Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with American National Bank
- They are only located in Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska with 80 branches in total.
- You will have to either call or visit a physical branch to find out additional information on their savings account.
- You also have to call to open a CD or money market account.
- Lacking a youth checking or savings account.
- Doesn’t have a senior savings account to link with their checking account.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
American National Bank Routing Number
The routing number for American National Bank varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your American National Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
American National Bank operates both within the United States and internationally.
- In the U.S: 800-279-0007
- Internationally: 812-647-9794
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (CST)
- Saturday at 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (CST)
They also have a 24-hour automated banking service line that you can call at 800-725-5465.
How American National Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in either Iowa, Minnesota or Nebraska and are looking for variety when it comes to opening a checking account, American National Bank has a bunch to offer that all earn high rates!
Overall, it seems that think bank would prefer those who are interested in growing their savings and want to earn interest in their spending since they don’t offer a specific youth or senior citizen checking or savings account.
They do, however, have Direct Checking which is available for those 22-55 years old.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If American National Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!