With every bank going digital nowadays, there’s nothing wrong with something more traditional and familiar. That’s where this bank comes along. First Foundation Bank offers that brick-and-mortar experience across 20 locations in California, Nevada, and Hawaii.
Since First Foundation Bank opened in 2008, they have grown to have over $6 billion in assets and over $4 billion in advisory assets under management. They have a multitude of products to choose from.
First Foundation Bank offers a great checking account that you tie into your financial goals. With tools such as investment planning, a mobile app, website, and a checking account that you can use as you would any other checking account.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as CIT Bank, Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, Discover Bank, Huntington Bank, and TD Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
High Yield Online Savings Account
First Foundation Bank offers high APY when you open an online savings account with them. All you have to do is keep at least $1,000 in the account at all times and you will earn this great interest rate.
If your balance drops below $1,000, you’ll earn a lower APY. Here’s what to expect from First Foundation Bank’s online savings account:
- Track account activity online
- No monthly fees
- $1,000 minimum opening deposit
- Highly rated mobile app
- ATM card available upon request
- Bill pay through the online platform
- No transaction fees for transfers to or from the online savings account
How To Open An Account
You can open an online savings account with First Foundation Bank in five easy steps:
- Enter Your Email. You’ll begin by entering your email address on the First Foundation Bank website.
- Provide Personal Information. Here is some of the information you’ll need to open the savings account:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license
- Select the Account. You’ll be taken to a screen where you will need to select the online savings account option.
- Fund the Account. First Foundation Bank requires you to fund your account with at least $1,000. Here are your options:
- Online funds transfer from an external account
- Mobile deposit through the app
- Mail a check to First Foundation Bank
- Visit a branch to make an in-person deposit
- Review. Once you go over our information and realize everything is in order, you can submit the request to open your account.
First Foundation Bank’s Savings Account Perks
One of the major perks of opening an online savings account with First Foundation Bank is that it doesn’t require a credit check. This means your credit score won’t be impacted, and if you have little to no credit history, this is a great account for you.
First Foundation Bank uses multiple layers of authentication to keep your private information safe and secure.
With this online savings account, you won’t be charged any monthly service fee or any transaction fees. However, other institutions may charge you when you transfer funds to and from your First Foundation Bank account.
After you make your opening deposit of $1,000, you aren’t required to maintain that balance. You won’t be charged a fee or forced to close the account, no matter your balance. Instead, if you drop below $1,000, you will earn a lower interest rate.
Reasons Not to Bank with First Foundation Bank
- No 24/7 Customer Service
- Savings Account Is the Only Online Offering
- Interest Rate Is Variable
- Withdrawal Limits
- Fee for Closing the Account
- Mobile Deposit Limit of $5,000 per Day
How First Foundation Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Bank of America: Bank of America offers a nationwide network, various account options, and user-friendly online banking. Although not all of their accounts stand out, the reliability and consistency of this bank has lead many to be loyal customers.
- Capital One: Capital One 360 is an online bank offering great banking services and high savings. They offer savings, checking, CDs, and money market accounts. Since it is an online only bank, they have less overhead, which translates to higher interest rates, better service, and no monthly fees.
- Ally Bank: Ally Bank is an online bank with competitive interest rates compared to other online banks and higher rates than most brick and mortar ones. The products they offer have no minimum balance requirements or service fees.
If you consider yourself traditional, in terms of banking, then First Foundation Bank is a great solution. This bank is best for those who have a hard time budgeting their money, tending to overspend.
As with any bank account, read the fine print and see how it pertains to you situation. There’s no reason to pay unnecessary fees or have bank accounts that offer services that you won’t use. Find the on that is just right for you to make it easier to keep your finances on track.
If you’re interested in banking with First Foundation Bank, see what they have to offer through First Foundation Bank Promotions! And while you’re here on HMB, check our full list of Best Bank Promotions for more options!