Huntington Bank is currently offering bonuses when you open one of their select checking accounts! To find out if Huntington Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Huntington Bank originated in Columbus, Ohio, and has branches and over 1,800 ATMs throughout the Midwest.
Providing free checking accounts such as Asterisk Free Checking, Huntington has consistent account opening requirements and is overall organized with their approaches.
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Huntington Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Huntington Bank
- 11 Huntington Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Huntington Bank Compares
- 14 Compare to Other Banks
- 15 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Huntington Bank offers various checking accounts that has pretty low minimum deposit requirements and decent monthly fees that can be waived.
Right now, Asterisk Free Checking, Huntington 5 Checking and select business checking accounts are offering bonuses when you apply for them.
This checking account offers the highest interest.
This is Huntington’s basic account. If you are new to the banking world and don’t have a lot of funds, then consider opening one of these.
It costs absolutely $0 to open and there are also no monthly fees, making it an extremely convenient. However, this account doesn’t earn interest.
This checking account is recommended for small business with low balances.
You can receive up to 100 monthly transactions and a free 120-day trial of Reverse Positive Pay, a fraudulent detecting service.
You have to open this account with at least $100, but there are monthly minimum balance requirements.
To waive the $3 monthly fee, you can you sign up for free e-statements.
• Open your Huntington Business Checking 100 Account today!
• Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $200 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Overdraft Protection Line of Credit available, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Do business without a minimum checking account balance fee or maintenance fee.
• No monthly maintenance fee applies to this account.
• Enjoy up to 100 monthly transactions. And deposit up to $5,000 in cash or currency monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
• Bonus Service Trial. Free 120-day trial of a fraud tool: Reverse Positive Pay.
This checking account is for businesses who have a large sum of money. You will receive unlimited transactions and a choice of one Bonus Service.
You have to open this account with at least $100.
There is a $20 monthly fee, but you can waive it with $10,000 in overall deposit relationship balances.
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Account
• Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Get Overdraft Protection Account with no annual fee, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Enjoy unlimited transactions. And up to $10,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Designed for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Bonus service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®.
This checking account is for businesses who often make high transactions.
You will receive unlimited transactions and a choice of 2 Bonus Services.
There is a $40 monthly fee, but you can waive it with $50,000 in overall deposit relationship balances.
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Account
• Earn $750 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $750 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Enjoy overdraft protection with no annual fee or deposit-to-deposit overdraft protection with no transfer fee!
• Bonus Service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®
• Ideal for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
Huntington Bank has a decent variety of savings accounts, but they don’t earn extremely high interest. You can, however, link them to a Huntington checking account to increase your interest.
With this savings account, you can earn general interest rates. You will need $50 to open this account.
There is also a $4 monthly fee, but you can waive it by having an average balance of $300 or link your savings account to an Asterisk Free Checking account.
This savings account earns slightly higher interest than the Premier Savings one.
For slightly higher interest on your savings, the Relationship Savings requires a minimum balance of $2,5oo in order to open it.
There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it by having an average balance of $2,500.
You can also waive the monthly fee by linking this savings account to your o a Huntington 5 Checking account or Huntington 25 Checking account.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard. Huntington Bank has a money market account that earns pretty decent interest.
Huntington Money Market Savings:
- No opening minimum deposit required
- Maintain an average balance of $25,000 in order to waive the $25 monthly fee
- You can also link your Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 checking account to waive the monthly fee.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.25% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
CD Account Options
This is Huntington Bank’s standard CD. It only has a term of 11 months.
It earns really low interest and has terms varying from 1 month to 72 months.
However, the interest rate does increase as the term becomes longer.
The Jumbo CD isn’t remarkably different from a regular fixed rate CD, but it does earn a bit higher interest and have a longer range of terms.
These terms range from 7 days to 5 years.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Huntington Bank
- Their only free checking account is completely free of everything–no opening minimum deposit, no monthly balance fees nor minimum balance requirements.
- They have a 24-hour overdraft grace period so you have a whole day to fix your account before being charged an overdraft fee.
- You can sign up for Free Overdraft Protection transfers when you link your Huntington savings or money market account.
- Do your banking easily with Huntington’s mobile app.
- Receive email and text alerts through Huntington regarding your account statements.
- You have until midnight to make deposits throughout the day at a participating ATM or through the app.
- You can open a Relationship Savings or Relationship Money Market account to get service fees waived when you link it to either a Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 Checking account.
- Huntington Bank is FDIC insured up to $250,000.
Reasons Not to Bank with Huntington Bank
- Huntington Bank is only located in the Midwest with locations only in Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, West Virginia, & Pennsylvania.
- They don’t offer online banking, so it would be an inconvenience to those who don’t live near a physical branch.
- They have high minimum balances for their checking accounts and interest bearing accounts in general.
- Their Free Checking account doesn’t earn any interest.
- You need a minimum balance of $25,000 in your Huntington Bank Relationship Money Market if you want to earn higher interest rates.
- The only way to increase the rates is linking it to a Huntington Bank 5 or Huntington 25 Checking account.
Huntington Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Huntington Bank is 044000024. You can find your routing number on the lower left corner of your Huntington Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
Huntington Bank’s customer service is 1 (800)-480-2265.
How Huntington Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Fifth Third Bank: Fifth Third Bank has locations that Huntington is also located in. They have various account options and provide tools to their customers to become more financially responsible. They have Relationship Savings accounts too that earns pretty decent interest as well.
- TD Bank: TD Bank also offer bonuses for signing up for a checking account! They have various account options that suit all kinds of consumers as well.
- PNC Bank: PNC offers a lot of different account options along with fee-free features as well such as: no monthly service such as use of PNC Bank ATMs, FREE mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website.
- Citizens Bank: They have a good amount of account options and offer financial tools to keep track of your savings and spending as well. They are dedicated to providing the best service to their customers and motivate them to manage their money frequently.
Compare to Other Banks
- Huntington Bank vs Bank of America
- Huntington Bank vs HSBC Bank
- Huntington Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Huntington Bank vs US Bank
- Huntington Bank vs Citizens
- Huntington Bank vs PNC Bank
If you live anywhere near the Midwest and would like to invest in a bank that has flexible options and earn bonuses regularly, then consider banking with Huntington Bank.
They offer reasonable checking accounts, an even a free one that doesn’t require anything to open, maintain or fees to keep up with each month. If you link either of their checking accounts to a savings or money market ones, your interest will become significantly higher.
On top of that, Huntington even benefits businesses from big to small companies as they offer bonuses for those checking accounts as well.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.