Huntington Bank has nearly 1,000 branches throughout the Midwest. They offer few options for checking accounts and savings accounts. Although minimum requirements are high on interest-bearing accounts, they have a free checking option. Their 14 or 19-month CDs have a great rate with $1,000 minimum opening deposit.
Whereas HSBC Bank is a large multi-national bank and offers several checking accounts for different needs. HSBC Direct is the online banking operation and offers high interest savings for just a minimum deposit of a dollar with no service fees.
Continue reading below for a more in-depth look for both Huntington Bank and HSBC Bank. You can choose to see which one fits your needs the most.
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank||HSBC Bank|
|Locations||Nearly 1,000 branches (Locator)||Over 240 branches on the East and West Coasts
HSBC Direct- Online only
|ATMs||Over 1,800 ATMs||HSBC ATMs in U.S.; HSBC ATMS abroad may incur additional fees and foreign conversion rates.|
|Pros||-Free checking option
-24-hr grace for overdrafts
-All day deposit
-24-hr customer service
-High online savings APY
-Low savings APY
|-Not in every state|
|Bottom Line||Huntington offers great account benefits and offers a great free checking account option.||HSBC offers a full array services like high-yield online savings and several checking options.|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
Huntington Bank Promotions
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Account
• Earn $750 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $750 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Enjoy overdraft protection with no annual fee or deposit-to-deposit overdraft protection with no transfer fee!
• Bonus Service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®
• Ideal for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Account
• Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Get Overdraft Protection Account with no annual fee, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Enjoy unlimited transactions. And up to $10,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Designed for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Bonus service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®.
• Open your Huntington Business Checking 100 Account today!
• Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $200 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Overdraft Protection Line of Credit available, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Do business without a minimum checking account balance fee or maintenance fee.
• No monthly maintenance fee applies to this account.
• Enjoy up to 100 monthly transactions. And deposit up to $5,000 in cash or currency monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
• Bonus Service Trial. Free 120-day trial of a fraud tool: Reverse Positive Pay.
Compare to Other Banks
- Huntington Bank vs Bank of America
- Huntington Bank vs Fifth Third Bank
- Huntington Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Huntington Bank vs US Bank
- Huntington Bank vs Citizens
- Huntington Bank vs PNC Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- HSBC Bank vs Synchrony Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Capital One
- HSBC Bank vs Bank of America
- HSBC Bank vs Regions Bank
- HSBC Bank vs KeyBank
Which Bank is Better: Huntington or HSBC?
- Huntington has great checking and savings account options that will suit your needs. In addition, their customer service is definitely noteworthy.
- HSBC is a well known bank with a solid reputation. They offer competitive rates on their online savings account!
More on Huntington:
More on HSBC: