HSBC Bank is a large multi-national bank and offers several checking accounts for different needs.
HSBC Direct is the online banking operation and offers high interest savings for just a minimum deposit of a dollar with no service fees.
In comparison, Citibank only operates on 700 branches across the U.S.
They offer credit cards and banking services, but their service fees and balance requirements are more on the higher side.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Locations||Over 240 branches on the East and West Coasts
HSBC Direct- Online only
|700 Citibank branches across 13 states(Mostly in California and New York)|
|ATMs||HSBC ATMs in U.S.; HSBC ATMS abroad may incur additional fees and foreign conversion rates.||2400 ATMs across the country.Also works at all MoneyPass ATMs|
-High online savings APY
|-Perks for high balance customers
-Many fee-free ATMs
|Cons||-Not in every state||-No free checking option
-Higher balance requirements
-Low savings APY
|Bottom Line||HSBC offers a full array services like high-yield online savings and several checking options.||Citibank is offers credit cards and banking services, but it’s more geared towards people who have high balances in their deposit account.|
HSBC Bank Promotions
Compare to Other Banks
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Synchrony Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Capital One
- HSBC Bank vs Bank of America
- HSBC Bank vs Regions Bank
- HSBC Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs HSBC Bank
- Citibank vs Wells Fargo
- Citibank vs Bank of America
- Citibank vs US Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- Capital One vs Citibank
Which Bank is Better: HSBC or Citibank?
- HSBC is a well known bank with a solid reputation. They offer competitive rates on their online savings account!
- Citibank is different compared to other banks because they only offer a package of both checking and savings account when opening an account. Citi can be especially beneficial for those who travel or need access to a large ATM network.
More on HSBC:
More on Citibank: