TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
Whereas, Citibank only operates on 700 branches across the U.S. They offer credit cards and banking services, but their service fees and balance requirements are more on the higher side.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||700 Citibank branches across 13 states(Mostly in California and New York)|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||2400 ATMs across the country. Also works at all MoneyPass ATMs.|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|-Perks for high balance customers
-Many fee-free ATMs
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-No free checking option
-Higher balance requirements
-Low savings APY
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Citibank is offers credit cards and banking services, but it’s more geared towards people who have high balances in their deposit account.|
TD Bank Promotions
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TD Bank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
• TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card - and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
Compare to Other Banks
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
- Citibank vs Wells Fargo
- Citibank vs Bank of America
- Citibank vs US Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- Capital One vs Citibank
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Citibank?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Citibank is different compared to other banks because they only offer a package of both checking and savings account when opening an account.
For more variety of options, see our list of the best bank account bonuses & savings account offers.
More on TD Bank:
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login
More on Citibank:
Leave a Reply