TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
Unlike, Capital One offers who high interest rates without all the online fees, but it’s not as high compared to other online banks. They also offer convenience checking and savings under one roof.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$600 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank||Capital One|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||Online based banking|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||Over 39,000 no-fee Capital One & Allpoint ATMs|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|-Overdraft protection options
-No account minimums
-27 Capital One cafes for in-person support
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-Low savings APY compared to other online banks|
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Capital One offers several banking products like checking and savings.|
TD Bank Promotions
• Open a TD Beyond Checking account online and earn $300 when you receive direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
• With the TD Beyond Checking with Payback Plus, you'll earn interest and get reimbursed for fees like ATM transactions, overdrafts, Rush Bill Pay and outgoing wires – on top of all the perks you'd expect from everyday checking.
• Pay no monthly maintenance fee with monthly direct deposits of $5,000 or more, a minimum daily balance of $2,500, or a combined balance of $25,000 across your eligible TD accounts.
• TD Beyond Checking Review
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
Capital One Promotions
|Open Capital One 360 Money Market, Checking, & Savings with these benefits:
-Earn $100 bonus for opening 360 Money Market with $10,000 deposit or more along with a high rate of 1.15% APY.
-Earn $25 bonus with Capital One 360 Checking account and deposit at least $250 and have a total of 3 Debit Card purchases or Person2Person Payments posted to the account within 45 days of account opening.
-Earn $25 bonus with a Capital One 360 Savings account with at least $250 deposit.
-Access to over 38,000 free All point ATMs, mobile app for your on the go deposits, computer access for free P2P payments, and bill pay.
-FDIC insured for up to $250,000 so you can rest easy.
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Capital One?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Capital One has a good range of banking services. They are a good online bank that also has access to in-person support.