TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
Unlike SunTrust Bank that has 1,400 branches in the Southeast region. Their checking accounts require $100 to open while also offering different ways to waive fees.
Moreover, they have additional offers for their savings accounts and promotional CDs.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank||Suntrust Bank|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||1400 bank branches across 11 southeastern states and Washington D.C.|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||More than 2000 ATMs across 11 southeastern states and Washington DC.|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|-High APY for CDs
-Free student account
– Good customer service
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-No free checking option
– Low APY savings
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||SunTrust Bank offers a wide variety of checking and savings accounts, offering comparable interest rates to most big banks.|
TD Bank Promotions
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TD Bank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
• TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card - and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
Compare to Other Banks
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Suntrust Bank?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- If you’re interested in good customer service and high APY for CDs then SunTrust is a good option, but note that they have limited branches.
For more variety of options, see our list of the best bank account bonuses & savings account offers.
More on TD Bank:
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login
More on Suntrust Bank:
Leave a Reply