SunTrust Bank that has 1,400 branches in the Southeast region. Their checking accounts require $100 to open while also offering different ways to waive fees.
Whereas, Regions Bank is located in 15 states in the South and Midwest with 1,500 branches. You can open a checking and savings account with as little as $50, plus they have lower requirements to waive fees.
To add on, the Now Banking solution offers prepaid Visa savings, and check cashing services with no account required.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,500 Bonus||Discover Bank $360 Cashback Debit|
|WeBull 2 Free Stocks||BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus|
|Regions Bank||Suntrust Bank|
|Locations||More than 1500 branches in 15 Southern and Midwestern US states.
|1400 bank branches across 11 southeastern states and Washington D.C.
|ATMs||More than 1900 ATMs in 15 Southern and Midwestern US states.||More than 2000 ATMs across 11 southeastern states and Washington DC.|
|Pros||-Virtual Wallet tools
-Relatively easy to waive fees
-Free student account
|-High APY for CDs
-Free student account
– Good customer service
|Cons||-$50 to open checking account
-Relationship Rewards Program
-LifeGreen Savings annual bonus
|-No free checking option
-Low savings APY
|Bottom Line||PNC Bank offers many options for checking and savings accounts with a variety of budgeting tools.||SunTrust Bank offers a wide variety of checking and savings accounts, offering comparable interest rates to most big banks.|
Regions Bank Referral Bonuses
Combine two Region Bank promotions to maximize your bonus amount! Many readers have reported to get the$50 personal referral bonus plus the business $150 bonus.
To get a referral link, you must:
- Send an email to [email protected] and title your email “Regions Bank Referral Bonus”
- In the email, provide your full name along with the account you want to open whether it is personal checking account or business checking account.
- If you are opening a business checking account you can receive a $150 bonus. For business checking referral, title your email “Regions Bank $150 Business Referral Bonus” and then provide your full name and the name of your business in the email.
Keep in mind that when you open an account, there will be various requirements you must meet.
|My favorite bank transfer hub is the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Which Bank is Better: SuntTrust Bank or Region’s Bank?
- If you’re interested in good customer service and high APY for CDs then SunTrust is a good option, but note that they have limited branches.
- Regions Bank’s CDs and savings account are another great way to save, but their rates may not be the best.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.50% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|