SunTrust Bank that has 1,400 branches in the Southeast region. Their checking accounts require $100 to open while also offering different ways to waive fees.
Whereas, Regions Bank is located in 15 states in the South and Midwest with 1,500 branches. You can open a checking and savings account with as little as $50, plus they have lower requirements to waive fees.
To add on, the Now Banking solution offers prepaid Visa savings, and check cashing services with no account required.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most.
|Regions Bank||Suntrust Bank|
|Locations||More than 1500 branches in 15 Southern and Midwestern US states.
|1400 bank branches across 11 southeastern states and Washington D.C.
|ATMs||More than 1900 ATMs in 15 Southern and Midwestern US states.||More than 2000 ATMs across 11 southeastern states and Washington DC.|
|Pros||-Virtual Wallet tools
-Relatively easy to waive fees
-Free student account
|-High APY for CDs
-Free student account
– Good customer service
|Cons||-$50 to open checking account
-Relationship Rewards Program
-LifeGreen Savings annual bonus
|-No free checking option
-Low savings APY
|Bottom Line||PNC Bank offers many options for checking and savings accounts with a variety of budgeting tools.||SunTrust Bank offers a wide variety of checking and savings accounts, offering comparable interest rates to most big banks.|
Regions Bank Referral Bonuses
Combine two Region Bank promotions to maximize your bonus amount! Many readers have reported to get the$50 personal referral bonus plus the business $150 bonus.
To get a referral link, you must:
- Send an email to email@example.com and title your email “Regions Bank Referral Bonus”
- In the email, provide your full name along with the account you want to open whether it is personal checking account or business checking account.
- If you are opening a business checking account you can receive a $150 bonus. For business checking referral, title your email “Regions Bank $150 Business Referral Bonus” and then provide your full name and the name of your business in the email.
Keep in mind that when you open an account, there will be various requirements you must meet.
Which Bank is Better: SuntTrust Bank or Region’s Bank?
- If you’re interested in good customer service and high APY for CDs then SunTrust is a good option, but note that they have limited branches.
- Regions Bank’s CDs and savings account are another great way to save, but their rates may not be the best.