TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
On the other hand, Ally Bank offers high interest rates on their savings as well as offering interest on their checking and CD account options.
There’s no minimum deposits or service fees on their banking products.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank||Ally Bank|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||Online Only|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||Over 43,000 no-fee Allpoint ATMs|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
-No account minimums
-Good customer service
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-Low Checking APY for lower balance customers|
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Ally Bank is an online only based banking that offers full service with the most competitive rates.|
TD Bank Promotions
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TD Bank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
• TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card - and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
Ally Bank Promotions
Compare to Other Banks
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
- Ally Bank vs Bank of America
- Ally Bank vs Wealthfront
- Ally Bank vs Capital One
- Ally Bank vs Marcus by Goldman Sachs
- Ally Bank vs Axos Bank
- Ally Bank vs CIT Bank
- Ally Bank vs Discover Bank
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Ally Bank?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Ally Bank offers good interest rates and no account minimum or service fees.
For more variety of options, see our list of the best bank account bonuses & savings account offers.
More on TD
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login
More on Ally
- How To Open an Ally Bank Account
- What Are Ally Bank’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Ally Bank Login
- Ally Bank Routing Number
Leave a Reply