TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
While Bank of America is one of the most well known banks in the U.S. with more than 5,000 locations and 16,000 ATMs nationwide.
They offer many different accounts: checking, savings, CDs, IRA and investment accounts through Merrill Edge.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank||Bank of America|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||Over 5,000 locations (Locator)|
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||Over 1,800 ATMs|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
-Extended customer service hours
-Full service bank
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-No free checking option
– Low interest rate
-Many miscellaneous banking fees
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Bank of America operates nationwide offering many account options like checking, savings, and more!|
TD Bank Promotions
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TD Bank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
• TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card - and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Bank of America?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Bank of America has many account options and their user friendly interface and mobile app is noteworthy. They offer lower interest rates!