Capital One offers high interest rates without all the online fees, however it’s not as high compared to other online banks. They also offer convenience checking and savings under one roof.
While TD Bank offers a low minimum balance requirement as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
Continue reading below to see a side-by-side comparison between the two banks, so you can see which one offers the services you need the most
|Capital One||TD Bank|
|Locations||Online based banking||1,300 locations along the east cost (Locator)|
|ATMs||Over 39,000 no-fee Capital One & Allpoint ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida|
|Pros||-Overdraft protection options
-No account minimums
-27 Capital One cafes for in-person support
|-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|Cons||-Low savings APY compared to other online banks||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|Bottom Line||Capital One offers several banking products like checking and savings.||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.|
Capital One Promotions
TD Bank Promotions
• Open a TD Beyond Checking account online and earn $300 when you receive direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
• With the TD Beyond Checking with Payback Plus, you'll earn interest and get reimbursed for fees like ATM transactions, overdrafts, Rush Bill Pay and outgoing wires – on top of all the perks you'd expect from everyday checking.
• Pay no monthly maintenance fee with monthly direct deposits of $5,000 or more, a minimum daily balance of $2,500, or a combined balance of $25,000 across your eligible TD accounts.
• TD Beyond Checking Review
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
Compare to Other Bank
- Capital One vs Wells Fargo
- Capital One vs Citibank
- Capital One vs HSBC Bank
- Ally Bank vs Capital One
- M&T Bank vs Capital One
- Bank of America vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
- TD Bank vs Regions Bank
Which Bank is Better: Capital One or TD Bank?
- Capital One has a good range of banking services. They are a good online bank that also has access to in-person support.
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
More on Capital One:
- What Are Capital One’s Hours?
- How To Open a Capital One Account
- How To Find and Use Your Capital One Login
- Capital One Routing Number
More on TD Bank:
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login