TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
On the other hand, Regions Bank is located in 15 states in the South and Midwest with 1,500 branches. You can open a checking and savings account with as little as $50, plus they have lower requirements to waive fees.
To add on, the Now Banking solution offers prepaid Visa savings, and check cashing services with no account required.
See our table below for a side-by-side comparison between the two banks.[tabled i= 301 /]
|TD Bank||Regions Bank|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||More than 1500 branches in 15 Southern and Midwestern US states.
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||More than 4,700 ATMs|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|-Virtual Wallet tools
-Relatively easy to waive fees
-Free student account
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-$50 to open checking account
-Relationship Rewards Program
-LifeGreen Savings annual bonus
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Regions Bank offers a variety of deposit products, special reward programs, and more!|
TD Bank Promotions
• Open a TD Beyond Checking account online and earn $300 when you receive direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
• With the TD Beyond Checking with Payback Plus, you'll earn interest and get reimbursed for fees like ATM transactions, overdrafts, Rush Bill Pay and outgoing wires – on top of all the perks you'd expect from everyday checking.
• Pay no monthly maintenance fee with monthly direct deposits of $5,000 or more, a minimum daily balance of $2,500, or a combined balance of $25,000 across your eligible TD accounts.
• TD Beyond Checking Review
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $150 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost or worn debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements and TD Bank Mobile Deposit, with 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada – plus 24/7 Live Customer Service
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans
Compare to Other Banks
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
- Regions Bank vs Chase
- SunTrust Bank vs Regions Bank
- PNC Bank vs Regions Bank
- Discover Bank vs Regions Bank
- Axos Bank vs Regions Bank
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Regions Bank?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Regions Bank’s CDs and savings account are another great way to save, but their rates may not be the best.
More on TD Bank:
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login
More on Regions Bank: