TD Bank is located on the East Coast with 1,300 locations offering low minimum balance requirements as well as extending banking hours with a 24/7 customer service by phone.
They offer different types of banking services depending on your needs – from personal checking to investment options like CDs.
On the other hand, Regions Bank is located in 15 states in the South and Midwest with 1,500 branches. You can open a checking and savings account with as little as $50, plus they have lower requirements to waive fees.
To add on, the Now Banking solution offers prepaid Visa savings, and check cashing services with no account required.
See our table below for a side-by-side comparison between the two banks.[tabled i= 301 /]
|TD Bank||Regions Bank|
|Locations||1300 locations along the east cost (Locator)||More than 1500 branches in 15 Southern and Midwestern US states.
|ATMs||1,300 ATMs throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida||More than 4,700 ATMs|
|Pros||-Extended banking hours
-Low requirements to waive monthly fees
-No foreign transaction fees
|-Virtual Wallet tools
-Relatively easy to waive fees
-Free student account
|Cons||-No free checking
-Only on East Coast
|-$50 to open checking account
-Relationship Rewards Program
-LifeGreen Savings annual bonus
|Bottom Line||TD Bank offers a variety of banking services that includes saving, checking, and CDs.||Regions Bank offers a variety of deposit products, special reward programs, and more!|
TD Bank Promotions
With the TD Convenience CheckingSM Account:
• Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
• Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly fee.
• Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
• Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
• Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TD Bank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
• TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card - and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
• Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
Compare to Other Banks
- TD Bank vs Ally Bank
- TD Bank vs Citibank
- TD Bank vs Wells Fargo
- TD Bank vs PNC Bank
- TD Bank vs SunTrust Bank
- TD Bank vs Capital One
- TD Bank vs Bank of America
- Regions Bank vs Chase
- SunTrust Bank vs Regions Bank
- PNC Bank vs Regions Bank
- Discover Bank vs Regions Bank
- Axos Bank vs Regions Bank
Which Bank is Better: TD Bank or Regions Bank?
- If you live in the near the East Coast, take advantage of the many accounts that TD Bank has to offer as well as the extended customer hours and easy online banking.
- Regions Bank’s CDs and savings account are another great way to save, but their rates may not be the best.
For more variety of options, see our list of the best bank account bonuses & savings account offers.
More on TD Bank:
- What Are TD Bank’s Hours?
- TD Bank Routing Numbers By State
- How To Open a TD Bank Account
- How To Find and Use Your TD Bank Login
More on Regions Bank:
Leave a Reply