Find the latest Citibank bonuses and promotions from Citibank here.
Citibank is offering you a chance to earn up to a $500 bonus when you open a Citi Checking and Savings account.
To earn the bonus you need to open a new checking and savings account in the Citibank Account Package with $15,000 new-to-bank funds, and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 60 days. You can enroll through the online enrollment or by visiting your local Citibank branch.
Once all the requirements are met, you will have access to a range of features to better your banking experience. If you are looking for more deals, all of the latest CitiBank bonuses are located on the HMB master list of CitiBank Promotions.
Table of Contents
Citibank has 700 branches across the U.S and is accessible to open online nationwide. Citi can be especially beneficial for those who travel or need access to a large ATM network. Accounts must be opened as a checking & savings package. This bank is best for high-balance customers.
- Availability: Nationwide (Bank Locator)
- Customer Service: 1-888-248-1636
Citibank $500 Bonus Information
Citibank is offering a $500 bonus when you open a Checking and Savings Account and you meet all the requirements.
- Account Type: Citi Checking and Savings account
- Availability: Nationwide (Bank Locator)
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Optional
- Monthly Fee: None
- Additional Requirements: You must deposit new money to your account in order to qualify.
- Household Limit: None listed, however limit of one savings account promotion offer per customer/promotion period/account.
- Closing Account Fee: None listed, however account must remain open and good standing to receive the bonus.
Click “Open Account” below to learn more.
How To Earn $500 Bonus
- To earn the initial $400, enroll in Citibank’s “$400/$500 Checking and Savings Offer”.
- Open a new Eligible Checking and Savings Account by September 30, 2019.
- Make sure to have a valid W-9 or W-8 BEN on file with Citibank and are not subject to back-up withholding.
- Within 30 days deposit $15,000 or more into the account and maintain for 60 days
- In addition, $10,000 in the Checking Account and $5,000 in the Savings Account will also fulfill the Minimum Balance requirement.
- To earn the last $100, set up a Qualifying Direct Deposit into the Checking Account for two consecutive months
- Open a checking account with no minimum opening deposit
- Pay your bills online
- Deposit checks from your mobile device
- Settle up with friends using Citi with Zell
- Easily move money between your Citi and non-Citi accounts
- Set up balance and payment alerts
- Get access to entertainment and dining perks with Citi Private Pass using your Citi Debit Card
- Use thousands of fee-free ATMs throughout the US
- Access even more benefits, including the opportunity to enroll in Citi ThankYou Rewards with an eligible checking package
- There are no monthly service fees for this account.
- Within thirty (30) calendar days of the opening of the new Eligible Checking Account, any owner of either eligible account must make a deposit of $15,000 or more (multiple deposits allowed) in New-to-Citibank Funds into the new Eligible Checking Account and/or the new Eligible Savings Account.
- A minimum balance of $15,000 must be maintained for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days following the date when the $15,000 deposit was made (“Minimum Balance”). The Minimum Balance may be held in one of the eligible accounts or in a combination of the eligible accounts. For example, a $15,000 balance in the Eligible Checking or Savings Account for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days will fulfill the Minimum Balance requirement. In addition, balances of $10,000 in the Eligible Checking Account and $5,000 in the Eligible Savings Account for sixty (60) consecutive calendar days will also fulfill the Minimum Balance requirement.
- To qualify for a $500 cash bonus, within sixty (60) days of opening the new Eligible Checking Account, you must complete the required activities above and also complete one (1) Qualifying Direct Deposit into the Eligible Checking Account for two consecutive months. A “Qualifying Direct Deposit” is an Automated Clearing House (ACH) credit, which may include payroll, pension or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer, or an outside agency.
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus.
Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
- Amazon payments
- Emigrant direct
- Fidelity ACH
Citibank has a large number of branches and ATMs throughout the US. This offer from Citibank is nice bonus if you have the funds to deposit. You can watch your savings grow faster!
But it’s a bank geared towards those with high balances in their deposit accounts. Low-balance customers may find the requirements too high and the perks a bit lacking.
We will be adding this to our Best Savings Promotions list. Also, remember to leave us a comment letting us know your thoughts and opinions! Your feedback makes our site even better. If you are not interested in this offer or looking for other options, see our complete list of Bank Promotions for all your banking needs.
Check back often for new Citibank bonuses!
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Simple High-Yield Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|