Open a Citi® Priority Account and earn a cash bonus of $200, $500, $1,000, $1,500, or $2,000 when you maintain a minimum eligible balance and complete required activities.
To earn the bonus, open a Citi Priority Account and:
- Deposit New-to-Citi® Funds into your new checking account within 20 days of account opening. The balance on your 20th day will determine your maximum eligible cash bonus. Maintain the required Minimum Balance in your eligible account for an additional 60 days from the 21st day.
- The cash bonus will be deposited to your open, eligible account within 30 calendar days after you complete all required activities.
|Cash Bonus||Minimum Deposit & Minimum Balance|
|$200||$10,000 – $29,999|
|$500||$30,000 – $74,999|
|$1,000||$75,000 – $199,999|
|$1,500||$200,000 – $299,999|
|$2,000||$300,000 and above|
Citi Priority Account Up to $2,000 Cash Bonus
- What you’ll get: Up to $2,000 cash bonus
- Account Type: Citi Priority Account
- Monthly Fee:
- MONTHLY SERVICE FEE – $30 or $0 when you maintain a combined average monthly balance of $30,000+ in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts.
- Certain “Checking Accounts” are eligible for the Welcome Checking Cash Bonus Offer. Your new Checking Account can be an Access, Basic, Citibank® Account, Citi Priority, Citigold from the time you open your account until you receive your Bonus.
- Checking Accounts that are living trust accounts and custodial accounts are eligible, but fiduciary, estate, business, retirement (IRAs, SEPs, CESAs, money purchase pension plans and profit-sharing plans), and other trust accounts will not qualify for this offer.
- International Personal Bank customers are not eligible for this offer.
- Expiration Date: 7/23/2023
- Your Balance must be held in your eligible Checking Account
- Please understand if your Balance falls into a lower Balance Tier for even one day during the Maintenance Period, your Maximum Bonus will change (see Chart above).
- You cannot use a Citi Accelerate Savings Account or a Citi Savings Account to maintain your Balance as part of this offer and still be eligible to earn the Bonus
- So long as you have not owned a Citi checking account in the last 180 days, are at least 18 years old, and furnish or have a valid Form W-9 or Form W-8BEN on file with Citibank and are not subject to backup withholding, you can participate in the New to Citi Checking Cash Bonus Offer in select markets. Customers who open via phone or apply online with a residential/home (not mailing) address in an Eligible Location can qualify.
- A monthly service fee of $30 is applied to the Citi Priority Account Package if a combined average monthly balance of $30,000 or more is not maintained.
For more, see our list of the latest Citi promotions & our extensive bank bonuses list.
Check back often for the latest Citi Priority Account promotions, bonuses, and offers!
In your description of the deal, you say “While these cash bonuses seem enticing, you can earn more money by comparing them our our favorite bank offers across the US.” That appears to be untrue. I cannot find *any* deal where you can earn a sign-up bonus of more than $700 for a $50,000 deposit (with no direct deposit requirement and only 60 days requirement). Would you please point me to where I could earn more money with a $50k deposit? Thanks!
What about is I closed my accounts after 6 months do I have to pay the promotion back or there’s any penalty
Caroline Michelle Soper says
I tried to open an account with them to get this bonus and you have to fund the account within 30 days of opening it. The problem I ran into is that you have to wait for them to send you a welcome package with a form you need to sign for tax purposes and then once they get that back, they will then send you a debit card which allows you to fund the account. This all has to happen within 30 days. I was 3 days off in the process and no longer qualified after calling them to finally fund my account. Waste of time!
Suresh B says
My sincere advice to people is to stay away from Citibank. Their promotion is a scam and i fell for it. I opened checking and savings account and fulfilled all the requirements. They also gave me a promotion code when i opened the account. Since the date the requirements were fulfilled, i called and used chat message with them multiple times to inquire about cash bonus and every time they said the cash bonus would be paid on or before Jan 16th, which is when 90 days would be completed after the requirements are fulfilled. Yesterday i sent a message asking them about the cash bonus and the agent asked to call their one stop sales department. When i called the representative said that my account is not tagged with the promotion and hence the cash bonus cannot be paid. I was really pissed off and told the lady that i have the promotion code and the proofs (i had taken screen shots of the conversation i had with agents) and that i will explore legal options. The lady then said that she will escalate the issue, but i have to leave the accounts open until the investigation is complete. There was no guarantee that they would pay me the cash bonus and i didn’t want to leave big chunk of money with this bank. After going through this horrible experience i decided to pull my money and close the accounts.
Kevin lawd says
How much does the direct deposit have to be? i do not see any specific amount. I just set mine up September 30th.
john mccann says
That w-9 form is gold to Citi. Have it on file or you will play hell getting your bonus.
Robert Tai says
It tooks me like 5 tries to get the w9 on file with Citi. Incredible. Did you end up getting your bonus?
The Cash Bonus will be credited within ninety (90) calendar days from the date you complete all required activities (see required activities below).
THIS IS DIFFERENT AND A CORRECTION FROM THE WEBSITE: When you’ll receive it: The bonus will be credited into the new personal checking account no later than 95 days from account opening.
RHONDA SCHEPARTZ says
re: citibank $500 bonus ending 6/30/19
Your blog says it is open to existing or new customers. I went to citibank and they said only new customers. Also when you click on link to citibank sire, it also says new cusstomers only
Anthony Nguyen says
You are correct. It’s for new customers only.
Very informative. I look forward to your daily email every morning.
existing Citibank customer – Does this mean if I already have an existing checking and savings account, and depositing new money will I get the bonus?
Ted Spiro says
You can’t make the 2.36% Citi Accelerate savings part of the accounts that count towards the $400 bonus. I know places that pay 2.69% on your money. The $400 bonus is not worth the time it takes. You lose $165 interest on the savings. You must report the full $400 as taxable interest, 75 to 125 tax added to 165 and your are using your time up for for a stinking $110 net…………Citi must think you are stupid. Now if the money market 2.36 was added in then for $250-260 it would be worth it
Citi has a new high yield savings account paying 2.36% APY. Can you qualify for this bonus if you put the money in that to earn interest and still open the checking account for the $500 bonus?
It’s saying you’re eligible if you haven’t had a Citibank account in the last 180 days.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER?
“Eligible Customers” are New-to-Citibank Customers who (1) enroll in Citibank’s “$400/$500 Checking and Savings Offer”, (2) open a new Eligible Checking Account, (3) open a new Eligible Savings Account, (4) are at least eighteen (18) years of age, and (5) have a valid W-9 or W-8 BEN on file with Citibank and are not subject to back-up withholding.
“New-to-Citibank” Customers are customers who have not been an owner of a Citibank checking account within the last 180 calendar days.
Is this valid even if I just go to any branch without registering my info via online ?
Can I get both bonuses, The Citibank Account Package $400 and savings account up to $700?
Howard Young says
Hello Tramy, you can only earn UP TO a $700 bonus.
I love you Bank Bonus pages!! Have been using them as my research point for over a year now and you’ve made me over $1000. I appreciate all the work you do to make your pages consistent and easy to read.
Forgive me but there is something a little confusing here. The $700 bonus is with $250,000, not between $25,000-250,000.
Anthony Nguyen says
That’s correct. You earn UP TO $700 bonus. It depends on your deposit amount with $25K as the minimum.
very informative blog.thank you for sharing the update. citibank is providing best banking services.