HSBC Bank is a large multi-national bank and offers several checking accounts for different needs.
HSBC Direct is the online banking operation and offers high interest savings for just a minimum deposit of a dollar with no service fees.
Comparatively, Capital One offers high interest rates without all the online fees, however it’s not as high compared to other online banks.
They also offer convenience checking and savings under one roof.
Continue reading below for a more in-depth look for both HSBC Bank and Capital One. You can choose to see which one fits your needs the most.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$500 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Bank||Capital One|
|Locations||Over 240 branches on the East and West Coasts
HSBC Direct- Online only
|Online based banking|
|ATMs||HSBC ATMs in U.S.; HSBC ATMS abroad may incur additional fees and foreign conversion rates.||Over 39,000 no-fee Capital One & Allpoint ATMs|
-High online savings APY
|-Overdraft protection options
-No account minimums
-27 Capital One cafes for in-person support
|Cons||-Not in every state||-Low savings APY compared to other online banks|
|Bottom Line||HSBC offers a full array services like high-yield online savings and several checking options.||Capital One offers several banking products like checking and savings.|
Table of Contents
HSBC Bank Promotions
Capital One Promotions
Compare to Other Banks
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- HSBC Bank vs Synchrony Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Bank of America
- HSBC Bank vs Regions Bank
- HSBC Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs HSBC Bank
- Capital One vs Wells Fargo
- Capital One vs Citibank
- Capital One vs HSBC Bank
- Capital One vs Discover Bank
- Ally Bank vs Capital One
- Capital One vs TD Bank
- M&T Bank vs Capital One
- Bank of America vs Capital One
Which Bank is Better: HSBC or Capital One?
- HSBC is a well known bank with a solid reputation. They offer competitive rates on their online savings account!
- Capital One has a good range of banking services. They are a good online bank that also has access to in-person support.
More on HSBC:
More on Capital One:
- What Are Capital One’s Hours?
- How To Open a Capital One Account
- How To Find and Use Your Capital One Login
- Capital One Routing Number
- Capital One Review