HSBC Bank is a large multi-national bank and offers several checking accounts for different needs.
HSBC Direct is the online banking operation and offers high interest savings for just a minimum deposit of a dollar with no service fees.
Comparatively, Bank of America has more than 5,000 locations and 16,000 ATMs nationwide.
They offer many different accounts: checking, savings, CDs, IRA and investment accounts through Merrill Edge.
Plus, it’s good to know they are highly praised for their good customer service with extended hours.
Continue reading below for a more in-depth look for both HSBC Bank and Bank of America. You can choose to see which one fits your needs the most.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Bank||Bank of America|
|Locations||Over 240 branches on the East and West Coasts
HSBC Direct- Online only
|Over 5,000 locations (Locator)|
|ATMs||HSBC ATMs in U.S.; HSBC ATMS abroad may incur additional fees and foreign conversion rates.||Over 1,800 ATMs|
-High online savings APY
-Extended customer service hours
-Full service bank
|Cons||-Not in every state||-No free checking option
– Low interest rate
-Many miscellaneous banking fees
|Bottom Line||HSBC offers a full array services like high-yield online savings and several checking options.||Bank of America operates nationwide offering many account options like checking, savings, and more!|
HSBC Bank Promotions
Compare to Other Banks
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- HSBC Bank vs Synchrony Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Capital One
- HSBC Bank vs Regions Bank
- HSBC Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs HSBC Bank
Which Bank is Better: HSBC or Bank of America?
- HSBC is a well known bank with a solid reputation. They offer competitive rates on their online savings account!
- Bank of America has many account options and their user friendly interface and mobile app is noteworthy.
More on HSBC:
More on Bank of America:
- What Are Bank of America’s Hours?
- How To Find and Use Your Bank of America Login
- Bank of America Routing Number
- How To Open a Bank of America Checking Account