They offer a variety of products for every banking needs that a customer might be looking for.
HSBC provides both traditional banking and investment services, while their online operation offers higher interest rates on its deposit accounts. This might be the right bank for people who want the convenience of a large traditional bank, while achieving high interest rates for their savings.
If you want to know more about HSBC Bank, continue reading our review below to learn more on which feature best accommodates your individual banking needs.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $500 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,500 Bonus||Wise Business Banking $100 Bonus|
|WeBull 4 Free Stocks|
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 6 CD Account Options
- 7 Compare CD Accounts
- 8 Investment Services
- 9 Retirement Account Options
- 10 Reasons to Bank with HSBC Bank
- 11 Reasons Not to Bank with HSBC Bank
- 12 HSBC Bank Routing Number
- 13 Contact Customer Service
- 14 How HSBC Bank Compares
- 15 Compare to Other Banks
- 16 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
HSBC offers checking accounts for different needs. All checking accounts offer a HSBC Debit Mastercard, access to HSBC ATMs worldwide, free online and mobile banking, and optional overdraft protection.
With the HSBC Advance checking account, you’ll be able to take advantage of 24/7 priority phone support, international benefits, online financial tools, and much more.
The HSBC Premier checking account is best for high new worth individuals who requires global access. Additionally, you get a Relationship Manager who can help with all services that HSBC offers.
This is best for low balance customers since this basic checking account has no balance requirement, but it does have a $3 monthly service fee.
Choice Checking offers convenience and value to your day to day banking needs! With this account, you will get unlimited free check writing as well as free online and mobile banking!
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $500 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $15,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.10% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
Savings Account Options
The HSBC Direct Online Savings offers one of the highest interest rates on the market! This is a basic online savings account with no ATM card. View our list of the best interest bearing accounts here.
In order to access your money is to transfer the funds to a checking account, whether it’s from HSBC or from another bank. Keep in mind that this account can only be opened online since HSBC Direct is an online bank.
Compare Savings Accounts
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.45% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.50% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.50% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Earn 0.60% APY with the Axos Bank High Yield Money Market
• FDIC Insured
• Check writing privileges
• No monthly maintenance fees
• No minimum balance requirements
• Debit card transactions
• Minimum Balance Required to Open the Account: $ 1000.00
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.40% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.35% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the BBVA Money Market Account, you’ll enjoy:
• Earn up to 0.10% APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
• Earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance
• $25 minimum opening deposit required
• Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
• Interest compounds and is credited monthly
• Easily withdraw money in branch & at BBVA ATMs w/no fees
• Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
• Link to your BBVA checking account for Overdraft Protection
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.50% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
For Certificate of Deposit accounts, you must leave your money in the account for the entire required term or else you will incur a penalty. If you sign up you get a locked in interest rate for the whole term.
HSBC offers 3 term CDs from 6-monthm 12-month, and 24-month. Although the APY is not the highest on the market, it’s pretty decent. But you can get a much higher interest with their online savings account.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.60% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the BBVA CD:
• Earn up to 0.10% APY with just a $500 minimum deposit
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
HSBC offers a variety of products from stocks, ETFs, options, no load mutual funds, and fixed-income securities! Plus there is no fee to open any of these!
You can choose from five asset allocation models! Their financial professionals can help you choose the best one that fits your goals and risk tolerance.
An investment advisor will help you customize a portfolio and come up with the best asset allocation for you!
Retirement Account Options
HSBC offers different types of retirement accounts:
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- SIMPLE IRA
- SEP Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plans
Reasons to Bank with HSBC Bank
- HSBC offers bonuses to new customers when they open a checking account and meeting certain requirements. Check out the latest HSBC promotions here.
- HSBC is a global bank that operates in more than 60 countries, so if you travel often it’s nice to know you can still find your bank overseas. Making it easier to withdraw money from ATMs and get emergency financial support when needed.
- You can use the debit card to access ATMs globally, however, the ATM operator or network may charge a fee for ATMs located outside the U.S.
- HSBC Direct’s online savings account offers one of the highest APYs on the market!
- If you have the Advance or Premier Checking Account, you may be eligible to for preferred loan rates or special financing options.
- All checking accounts come with an optional overdraft protection feature. You can also get a personal line of credit that allows you to borrow money as you need it! So if you accidentally overdraft your checking account. this line of credit can be used to cover it.
Reasons Not to Bank with HSBC Bank
- HSBC’s checking accounts have high fees. There is a monthly service fee, unless you can meet direct deposit or balance requirements.
- Other than their HSBC Direct online savings accounts, the accounts they have offer low interest rates. So if you have a lot of money to deposit in the bank, other online banks offer better deposit rates where your money can grow faster.
HSBC Bank Routing Number
021001088 – HSBC BANK USA, N.A.
Contact Customer Service
- Personal Banking: 1-800.975.4722
- HSBC Premier Banking: 1-888.662.4722
- HSBC Advance: 1-866.584.4722
How HSBC Bank Compares
- Ally Bank: An online bank with competitive interest rates compared to other online banks and higher rates than most brick and mortar ones.
- Charles Schwab: Charles Schwab is a brand well-known in the investment world. Founded in 1973, this brokerage firm now holds over 2.5 trillion in total client assets. When it comes to investing your money and building interest over time, Charles Schwab knows what they are doing.
Compare to Other Banks
- HSBC Bank vs Wells Fargo
- HSBC Bank vs Citibank
- HSBC Bank vs Synchrony Bank
- HSBC Bank vs Capital One
- HSBC Bank vs Bank of America
- HSBC Bank vs Regions Bank
- HSBC Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs HSBC Bank
HSBC Bank offers some of the best bank promotions as a welcome deposit. There are three checking accounts to select from and the monthly service fees are all avoidable.
So if you are interested and qualify, be sure to apply for a new checking account today. Don’t forget to let us know your experience with bank or bonus by commenting below.
HSBC is a well known bank with a solid reputation, this could be the right bank for you if you’re looking for one with a huge global presence.
For high net individuals, you can have more incentive with premium service and better loan rates.
So if you are interested, be sure to check out more of HSBC Bank promotions! But if this isn’t the bank for you, you can check out the best bank promotions for more options or read our bank reviews to see in detail which fits you!
See more on what HSBC has to offer!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wise Business Banking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.50% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.50% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|