Huntington is located in the Midwestern states – with fantastic account options (both personal and business) packed with great features and benefits.
But how does Huntington compare to Fifth Third Bank?
Huntington Bank has nearly 1,000 branches and over 1,800 ATMs across eight Midwestern states.
There are just a few consumer and business account options – however, they are packed with features and benefits that you’ll surely enjoy.
Fifth Third Bank has over 1,300 branches across the Midwest and Southwest. Promotional CD offers a high APY for terms up to 27 months with a $5,000 minimum opening deposit.
However, Fifth Third Bank’s basic checking account requires $1,500 minimum balance to avoid fees.
If the fees are a bit much, no worries as there is a free checking account option.
See our side by side comparison of Huntington Bank and Fifth Third Bank below.
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank||Fifth Third Bank|
|Locations||Nearly 1,000 branches
|1,300 branches, including 100 Bank Mart® locations across the country
|ATMs||Over 1,800 ATMs||Allpoint® and 7-Eleven® network of ATMs. More than 50,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide.|
|Pros||-Free checking option
-24-hr grace for overdrafts
-All day deposit
-24-hr customer service
|-Free Express Checking
-Free student checking
-Promo CD with high APY
-Low savings APY
|-Higher balance requirements
-Low savings APY
|Bottom Line||Huntington offers great account benefits and offers a great free checking account option.||Midwest & Southwest bank with high balance requirements but offers good checking options.|
Huntington Bank Promotions
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $500 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Account
• Earn $750 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $750 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Enjoy overdraft protection with no annual fee or deposit-to-deposit overdraft protection with no transfer fee!
• Bonus Service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®
• Ideal for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Account
• Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Get Overdraft Protection Account with no annual fee, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Enjoy unlimited transactions. And up to $10,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Designed for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Bonus service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®.
• Open your Huntington Business Checking 100 Account today!
• Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $200 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Overdraft Protection Line of Credit available, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Do business without a minimum checking account balance fee or maintenance fee.
• No monthly maintenance fee applies to this account.
• Enjoy up to 100 monthly transactions. And deposit up to $5,000 in cash or currency monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
• Bonus Service Trial. Free 120-day trial of a fraud tool: Reverse Positive Pay.
Compare to Other Banks
- Huntington Bank vs Bank of America
- Huntington Bank vs HSBC Bank
- Huntington Bank vs KeyBank
- Huntington Bank vs Wells Fargo
- Huntington Bank vs US Bank
- Huntington Bank vs Citizens
- Huntington Bank vs PNC Bank
Which Bank is Better: Huntington or Fifth Third Bank?
- Huntington has great checking and savings account options that will suit your needs. In addition, their customer service is definitely noteworthy.
- Fifth Third Bank has high balance requirements but offers good checking options.
More on Huntington Bank:
More on Fifth Third Bank:
- How To Use and Find Your Fifth Third Bank Login
- Fifth Third Bank Routing Number
- Fifth Third Bank Review