To anyone in the United States who has banked at Bank of America and had their credit reports pulled, with the purpose of a “soft inquiry”, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Bank of America Unauthorized Credit Report Class Action Lawsuit! According to the lawsuit, Bank of America had been violating the FCRA by pulling their client’s credit reports after their banking relationship had ended without their consent or knowledge. Bank of America continues to deny the allegations, but has agreed to settle the class action lawsuit, If you’re eligible, submit a claim form by November 14, 2017!
Bank of America Unauthorized Report:
- Bank of America Unauthorized Credit Report Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 11/14/2017
- Who’s Eligible: Those in the United States, whose credit report was obtained by Bank of America or FIA Card Services for an account inquiry between Aug. 21, 2010 and July 7, 2017, and whose account relationship was terminated, either because, the account had been discharged by bankruptcy, the account was closed with zero balance, or the account was sold or transferred to a third party.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: Yes
- Case Name & Number: Pastor, et al. v. Bank of America, NA, Case No. 3:15-cv-03831-VC, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the Bank of America Unauthorized Credit Report Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form by November 14, 2017 to receive your potential award!
If you have been having a hard time dealing with your credit reports in relation to Bank of America, you may be eligible for a potential award from the Bank of America Unauthorized Credit Report Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, Bank of America’s pulling of their client’s credit reports has allegedly not fallen within the limited amount of permissible purposes under the FCRA. If you have recently been frustrated with Bank of America after ending your banking relationship, file a claim for a potential award by November 14, 2017! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!