The BBVA Free Checking account gives you the chance to take control of your money with a Mobile Banking app, Online Banking, customizable alerts, Bill Pay, and more.
Along with free features that help you manage your funds, the account allows you to add on custom features to meet your specific banking needs. These custom features include ATM fee rebates, unlimited checks, unlimited cashier’s checks, and a safety deposit box.
Since the account doesn’t have a monthly Service Charge to begin with, adding on these custom features may save you even more money in the long run.
|BBVA Online Checking||Checking||Review|
|BBVA Money Market||Up to 0.10% APY||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking||Checking||Review|
|BBVA Certificate of Deposit||Up to 0.10% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
BBVA Free Checking Information
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: Free Checking
- Availability: Online account available nationwide except for AK and HI
- Branches in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, NM & TX (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None
- Hard Inquiry: No, Soft Pull via TransUnion.
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $500 (cannot be an Amex card)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Service Charge: None
- Closing Account Fee: None
How To Open A Free Checking Account
- Anyone can open a BBVA Free Checking account online except for residents of AK and HI.
- If you want to open an account in-branch, you must live in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, or Texas.
- Before opening your account online, you will need the following:
- Personal Information (Social Security Number, Date-of-Birth, etc.)
- Driver’s License, State Issued-ID, or Passport
- Minimum $25 opening deposit from one of the following:
- Debit or Credit Card
- Other Bank Account (account and routing number)
- Transfer from an existing BBVA account
- Fill out the application form with your personal information and agree to the terms of the account.
- Use an existing bank account or your credit/debit card to fund your new account.
- Review the application and confirm.
If you’re looking for a basic checking account with tons of customization, sign up for the BBVA Free Checking account. This account can be opened online and there are no monthly Service Charge, so you have nothing to worry about if you don’t live near a BBVA branch.
With Mobile Banking, Online Banking, customizable alerts, Bill Pay, and more, this account should have everything you need. And if you need more, you can add on custom features! Find more of the best Bank Promotions on HMB.
(Visit BBVA for more details)
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wise Business Banking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.50% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.50% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|