If you have purchased certain Canon USA printer models, you may be entitled to a $75 Canon voucher or up to $50 cash from the Canon Inkjet Printer Class Action Lawsuit. This settlement resolves a lawsuit accusing Canon of producing inkjet printers that contain a print head defect which makes them inoperable. According to the class action lawsuit, the problem after the one-year warranty has expired so Canon refuses to repair or replace the printer for free. The plaintiffs then allege that repairing the defect costs more than just buying a new printer. Canon continues to deny that there is any defect in the printers, but they have agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart MoneyTM Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $200 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Eligible Canon Printer Models
- iP3600, iP4700, iP4820, iP4920
- iX6520, iX7000
- MG5120, MG5220, MG5320, MG6120, MG6220, MG8120, MG8220
- MP500, MP530, MP560, MP600, MP610, MP620, MP640, MP730, MP800, MP960, MP970, MP990
- MX700, MX712, MX850, MX860, MX870, MX882, MX892, MX7600
- PRO9000MKII, PRO9500MKII
Canon Inkjet Printer Class Action Lawsuit:
- Canon Inkjet Printer Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/7/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who purchased a brand new Canon Printer from either Canon USA or one of its authorized printer resellers or a refurbished printer directly from Canon USA. Your printer model must be included in the list above.
- Estimated Amount:Class Members may choose between a cash payment of up to $50 or a voucher valued at up to $75 redeemable at the online Canon store. For those Class Members with print head issues only, Canon has also agreed to extend the original, one-year warranty for an additional nine months.
- Proof of Purchase: Yes, Class Members must submit the following information with their Claim Forms:
- A copy of an invoice, receipt or other documentation reflecting the purchase of your Canon printer.
- Proof that you incurred an out-of-pocket expense for the specific purpose of remedying a print head issue: A copy of an invoice, receipt or other documentation reflecting that you paid to have your printer repaired to resolve the issue; or you purchased a new print head or a replacement printer because of a print head issue experienced by your printer.
- NOTE: If Canon USA’s records reflect that you registered your printer with Canon USA at the time of purchase (and, in any event, prior to Feb. 18, 2015), you are excused from this requirement. However, you still will be required to provide proof satisfying the second requirement.
- Case Name & Number: In re: Canon Inkjet Printer Litigation, Case No. 2:14-cv-03235, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Consumers that have purchased a defective Canon Inkjet Printer can get a $75 Canon voucher or $50 cash from the Canon Inkjet Printer Class Action Lawsuit. If you have had to deal with repairs or maintenance issues for an eligible Canon printer, you should definitely file a claim as long as you have the proper documents. Hurry and get your things together before 12/7/2015. You may be qualified for other Class Action Lawsuit Settlements.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
You can add hundreds of other outraged former Canon customers who have gone through hours of wasted time trying to get Canon printers to work after the internal software decides enough time has passed to quit working. My Canon MP 530 started playing the “check ink level” game even after replacing all the ink tanks with factory fresh ones. All the red LEDs were lit and contacts were clean. Intermittent functioning for a few months, then U052 error and nothing works. At times it displays “check ink” other times it displays “can’t recognize print head”. (it’s the original factory print head) Went through all the inspection, cleaning, burnishing contacts, reinstalling everything multiple times. No action. Naturally the printer is out of warranty and Canon claims it’s no longer supported. There isn’t a functional “customer support” website or phone number provided. The printer is in perfect shape mechanically and probably hasn’t printed more that a few hundred pages since new.
We all know the game. try to get suckers to buy as many ink cartridges as possible by wasting ink each time the printer is powered up. Then have the internal programming time out, stop working and hope customers will buy a new printer from Canon to start the whole cycle over again. HP went through the same routine until most people quit buying their products. Now Canon is loosing customers as word spreads among former customers. They’ll never get another dollar from me or my company and we’ll continue looking for someone who manages to hack the programming to bypass the “expiration” routine.
Vincent Cassisi says
You need to add the Canon Pixma 922 printer to your list since it also fails with the print head failure code B200 contained in the original class action lawsuite settled about 10 years ago with Canon issuing settlement money.