If you’ve never heard of CIT Bank, here’s your chance to learn more about them. CIT Bank is an exclusively online bank with no physical branches.
Through this post, you will found out how to manage your account, reach customer service, and the bank’s current offers.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus||Chase Private Client $2,000 Bonus|
|Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus||Chase SavingsSM $150 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Premier Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $500 Bonus||Huntington 5 Checking $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking $150 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
Table of Contents
CIT Bank Locations
Based in Southern California, CIT is an online bank that has only one physical location at their headquarters in Pasadena:
75 North Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103
Keep in mind that this is their only headquarters’ office, so you can’t just walk in and try to do your banking there. Also, they do not have an ATM network, so you can’t withdraw any money.
CIT Customer Service Number & Hours
Current and new CIT customers can call to speak to representatives using these numbers:
- 855-462-2652 (within U.S.)
- 626-535-8965 (outside U.S.—toll call)
Customers will be able to reach representatives at these hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm (ET)
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (ET)
- Sunday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm (ET)
These are your only options if you have any questions about opening an account because CIT does not offer contact by email or live chat.
Other Ways To Contact CIT
Here are some additional options if you’re tring to contact CIT and/or manage your account:
- Online and Mobile Banking. Existing customers can send CIT secure emails through their online account. Online and mobile banking is available 24/7.
- Automated Phone Line. Existing customers can check their account balance anytime via CIT’s automated phone service at 855-462-2652.
- Mail In. Banking forms and checks can be mailed to:
- CIT Bank, N.A.
P.O. Box 7056
Pasadena, CA 91109-9699
- CIT Bank, N.A.
- Email Forms. You can also email banking forms to [email protected]
- Fax. CIT’s fax number is 866-914-1578.
How To Open A CIT Account
Since this bank operates completely online, you must open all CIT accounts online. Here’s how to do so:
- Start here to open a new account.
- Provide your name, address, phone, email, and Social Security number (or other taxpayer ID).
- Fund your account via electronic transfer from a linked checking or savings account, bank wire, or mail-in check.
- CIT’s routing number is 124084834.
About CIT Bank
Based in Southern California, CIT Bank is an online bank from the CIT Group Inc., a financial holding company with over 100 years in the industry.
Because they operate solely online, they save money on operating costs and offers customers higher interest rates and lower fees.
CIT Bank only offers saving products. So these products will range from savings accounts, money market, and CDs.
They do not offer checking accounts and have no access to an ATM network.
Pros & Cons Of Banking With CIT
- High interest rates, particularly for the Savings Builder account
- No monthly service fees on any of CIT’s accounts
- Low opening deposits ($100 for savings accounts and $1,000 for CDs)
- Minimal banking fees
- No checking accounts
- No physical locations
- No ATM card or ATM network
- CD rates not the highest
- May experience long wait times on the phone
CIT Bank Promotions
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.50% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.30% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
A major highlight of CIT Bank is that it’s a great place to open a savings account due to the fact that they offer competitive rates. CIT Bank is an excellent option if you don’t mind not having that face-to-face interaction.
If you like posts like these check out our post on CIT Bank Promotions!