For residents of Pennsylvania, Citadel Credit Union is offering a $250 Checking Bonus by opening a new checking account. To earn the $250 bonus, you must open a new checking account, then use your debit card for three signature (credit) transactions within 30 days of account opening, then call or visit a convenient branch location you will receive a 25,000 point bonus that’s worth $250! By joining Citadel Credit Union you enjoy, greater convenience, outstanding customer service, and honest and fair fees. If you qualify, make sure to sign up today to earn $250 bonus!
Editor’s Note: If the account is inactive for a period of 90 days or more a $15 fee is charged.
Eligibility: To be eligible, either use Citadel Credit Union branches and ATMs located in the counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties or the city of Lancaster, all located in Pennsylvania, US. Or have an immediate family member who is already a member of Citadel Federal Credit Union.
Credit goes to Dorianne for letting us know about this bank bonus through our Rewards Program. Let us know if you find a new bank bonus and get paid!
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $300 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart AdvantageTM and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Chase College Checking Review
|Fifth Third Bank Checking: Get $225 when you open an eligible Fifth Third checking account and make qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Fifth Third Bank Checking Review
Citadel Credit Union $250 Bonus:
- Expiration Date: Limited time offer. Can be withdrawn at any time.
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Opening Deposit: $50 Minimum
- Credit Card Funding: You can fund $500 maximum with Visa, MC, Amex, or Discover(make sure to set cash advance limit to zero).
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Fee: $0-$17, see below for how to waive monthly fees.
- Additional Requirements: Must not have closed a Citadel checking account within the last 12 months
- Household Limit: None listed
- Closing Account Fee: None Listed.
How To Earn Citadel Credit Union Bonus:
- Open a new Citadel Credit Union Checking account.
- Perform at least three signature (credit) transactions using your new debit card within the first 30 days after opening your account.
- Call or visit the nearest branch location within 6 months to request your 25,000 bonus points.
- Your bonus reward points will be awarded within 60 days after Citadel confirms the requirements have been met.
How To Avoid Monthly Fees:
- FREE Checking– No monthly maintenance fee
- STAR Checking– Avoid the $7 monthly fee by maintaining a Checking Account Balance of $500 OR The total balance of your Citadel deposit accounts (checking, savings, money market accounts, Certificates and IRA), loans (mortgages, home equity loans & lines, personal loans and auto loans), and investments. Combined Household Balance of $10,000.
- STAR Premiere Checking– Avoid the $17 monthly fee by maintaining a Checking Account Balance of $5000
If you live in Pennsylvania and need a new checking account, you may be interested in this offer from Citadel Credit Union. Don’t forget, the $250 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. If you’ve banked with Citadel Credit Union before, comment below and let us know what kind of credit inquiry they perform and whether or not members can fund a new account with a credit card. Your feedback makes this site even better! For more bank offers, see the complete list of Bank Deals!
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It(R) to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.99% to 29.99%
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
• 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Preferred Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
The card does come with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)
Carlos lopez says
Was my application approved still waiting to hear from you
john sayer says
can you actually get cash for your bonus points with citadel
Yes you can redeem it in increments of $50 (5000 points). Can also choose to redeem for gift cards or merchandise. Some of the gift cards give you a slightly better value than redeeming for cash. For example, a $100 Amazon card is 9600 points.
Your information about the Citadel Bonus Rewards Points promotion is incorrect. Citadel is Community-based credit union, servicing the counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties, all located in Pennsylvania, US. If you do not live, work, or worship in one of those counties you will not qualify for the promotion. The only other way you can qualify for membership outside of the location requirements is to have an immediate family member who is already a member of Citadel Federal Credit Union.
You must also pass a ChexSystems review to be able to open an account. If it is found that you owe funds to another institution, you will not be eligible to open an account at Citadel.
You are not eligible for the promotion if you are a current Citadel checking account member, a joint owner on a current Citadel checking account, or if you have closed a checking account within the past 12 months.
If you meet the above eligibility requirements and open a checking account at Citadel, you must deposit $50 into the checking account at the time of opening, complete the three signature-based transactions with your debit card (pressing credit instead of debit at the register) within the first 30 days of the account being opened, and contact Citadel at (877) 780-1615 or visit a branch to request your 25,000 Bonus Rewards Points ($250 value).
If you’ve met the requirements, your Reward Points will be awarded in 60 days from the date they were ordered, not 30.