Discover and Apple Pay are teaming up to offer a great 10% cashback promotion – that’s up to $2,200 bonus per card according to Business Wire. Starting September 16, 2015 through the end of the year, when you make eligible in-store purchases using your Discover Card through Apple Pay you automatically earn an extra 10% Cashback Bonus on up to $10,000. Find our complete list of Discover Bank Promotions!
If you don’t have a Discover Card you should sign up now to earn $50 bonus after your first purchase.
Discover and Apple Pay 10% Cash Back Bonus:
- 10% Cashback or 10x miles on up to $10,000
- Offer ends 12/31/2015
- Valid for in-store purchases only
- Promotion available in US only
- Bonus is paid on the first $10,000
Discover has confirmed via Twitter that with this new Apple Pay promotion, the 10% is in addition to the 1% everyday cashback. That’s 11% doubled at the end of the year. So if you spend $10,000 you get $2,200 cash back per account.
For those who have the Discover it Miles, Miles and Escape card you’ll get 1.5% back, combined with the Apple Pay promotions that’s 11.5% which doubles at the end of the year if you are new card member earning you 23% cash back. New Discover it members will also have to wait until after the first statement to be eligible for double cash back.
Don’t forget about the quarterly 5% bonus if you can find a participating store, so there is a potential for an even higher cashback. We will update once the list quarterly bonus categories become available.
To Earn Promotional Offer:
- Upgrade to iOS 9 if you haven’t already.
- Apple Pay works with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, or Apple Watch*
- If you already have a Discover card, simply add it to the Wallet app and enter the security code. Or you can choose to add a new Discover Card.
*If you have an iPhone 5 and still want in on this deal you can always just buy the Apple Watch (prices starting at $549) and pair it to your existing phone. Then use Apple Pay via the Apple Watch to make all your in-store purchase. Here is where you can find retailers that accept Apple Pay. For more information on great credit card bonuses, check out our list of Best Credit Card Promotions.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.