Dubuque Bank and Trust Company (DB&T Bank) has a wide selection of account options. To find out if Dubuque Bank and Trust Company is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This bank has more savings accounts than anything else. Their savings accounts in particular earn higher than average interest rates.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus||Discover Bank $360 Cashback Debit|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus|
|WeBull 2 Free Stocks||BBVA Free Checking & Savings $250 Bonus|
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with DB&T Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with DB&T Bank
- 11 DB&T Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How DB&T Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Dubuque Bank and Trust Company offers a decent selection of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This is the highest interest bearing checking account that DB&T Bank has to offer. You will need at least $500 to open it.
If you keep a daily balance of $7,500, you can waive the monthly fee of $12.
This free checking account requires no monthly fee nor minimum balance requirements!
You only need an initial deposit of $25.
This is another interest bearing account that earns tiered interest, but will need a higher opening deposit of $1,000.
To avoid the $9 monthly fee, you will need to maintain a daily balance of at least $50,000.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Dubuque Bank and Trust Company has a few savings accounts that all earn interest, but they are pretty standard.
This savings account earns competitive interest rates on balances $100 or more.
You will need a $100 to open it and keep a daily balance of it to avoid the $3 monthly fee.
This premium interest bearing account will require a $500 opening deposit.
There is a $12 monthly fee that can be waived, but you will need to keep a daily balance of at least $7,500.
The feature of this account are exactly the same as the Signature Series checking one.
This saving account earns tiered interest, but you will need a large opening deposit of $10,000.
You can also waive the $10 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $10,000.
This kids savings account is available to parents that want to open an account to teach their kids how to save their money responsibly.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, but you will need a small opening deposit of $5.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Dubuque Bank and Trust Company has two money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
You can open this money market with $2,500 and it will start earning tiered interest.
Keeping a daily balance of $2,500 also waives the monthly $10 fee.
This is considered a premium money market and will need a much higher opening deposit of $25,000.
Interest is earned on balances $250,000 or more
There are no monthly fees however.
Compare Money Market Accounts
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Dubuque Bank and Trust Company offers one CD, the 13-Month CD, that earns competitive interest rates.
To open this CD you will need a minimum deposit of at least $25,000. You might have to contact them however.
The CD will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with DB&T Bank
- Good ratio of checking to savings account.
- They have a wide variety of savings accounts that all earns interest.
- Offers at least two money market accounts.
- Offer relationship accounts.
- They provide a kids savings account.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Dubuque Bank and Trust Company mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with DB&T Bank
- They are only located in Iowa and Illinois with a total of 12 physical branches scattered about.
- They actually have pretty high opening deposits for all of their premium accounts.
- Absence of a children checking or savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
DB&T Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Dubuque Bank and Trust Company varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Dubuque Bank and Trust Company check.
Contact Customer Service
Dubuque Bank and Trust Company has a 24-hour telephone banking service line. You can reach it at 800-386-2525.
To speak to a customer representative, you can call 877-280-1851.
Their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (CST)
- Saturday at 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (CST)
How DB&T Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in either Iowa or Illinois and tend to keep a higher than average balance, then Dubuque Bank and Trust Company might benefit you.
All their savings account earn pretty high interest rates if you are able to meet their balance requirements.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Dubuque Bank and Trust Company has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking & Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|