Find an updated list of Firstmark Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers here.
Currently, they have a $300 bonus when you open a qualifying checking account with direct deposit.
About Firstmark Credit Union Promotions
Founded in 1932, Firstmark Credit Union is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas and has grown to 17 locations since. They offer CD rates that are 83% higher than the national average, and it has an A health rating.
|Eligibility: Membership in Firstmark Credit Union is open to the following: (1) those who live, work, attend school or worship in Bexar, Crockett, Kinney, Maverick, Sutton, Terrell, Val Verde or Edwards counties in Texas; (2) employees, retirees and students of all public school districts, colleges or universities in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Dimmit, Frio, Guadalupe, Kendall, La Salle, McMullen, Medina, Wilson and Zavala Counties; (3) those who live or work in Gillespie, Kimble, Llano, Mason or Blanco counties.
See current membership details
I’ll review the offers below.
FirstMark Credit Union $300 Checking Bonus
Firstmark Credit Union is offering a $300 bonus when you open a new qualifying checking account
- What You’ll Get: $300 bonus
- Account Type: Personal Checking Account
- Availability: TX (Bank Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $3000+(See what works)
- Credit Inquiry: Hard Pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, let us know
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $100
- Monthly Fee: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: If you close your account within six months you’ll be charged a $10 closing fee.
- Household Limit: One per customer
(No Expiration Date)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money ($300 bonus), Bank of America ($100 bonus offer), U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking (Up to $400 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), Fifth Third Bank Momentum® Checking ($225 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How To Earn $300 Bonus
- Open a new checking account at their La Vernia location to earn a $300 bonus.
- If you set up one direct deposit during first 30 days, you will get $50 bonus.
- For two direct deposits totaling $2,000 during days 31 to 90, you will get an additional $250 bonus.
- 10¢ with every signature
- Cash Back ad Dividends paid monthly
- Box of Checks
- 24/7 Mobile & Online Banking
- ATMs – 55,000 Worldwide & 200+ Locally
- ATM & Branch Locator for Smart Phones and iPhones
- Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction
- Overdraft Protection Options Available
- No Monthly Fee
- All qualifying members must conduct the following transactions to receive up to $300.
- New member must make a direct deposit (or Automated Clearing House (ACH) of at least $10 into their new Free, Power of the Dollar or Power of the Dollar Plus checking account to qualify for a $50 payout. The initial ACH deposit must be completed within the first 30 days of account opening. An account may only qualify once for payout. Upon qualifying, the $50.00 bonus will be deposited by the end of day into the member’s new Free, Power of the Dollar or Power of the Dollar Plus checking account. Deposits under $10 are not eligible.
- New member must make two or more ACH deposits for a total of $2,000.00 to qualify for a $250 bonus. ACH deposits must be completed within day 31 to 90 of account opening to qualify. An account may only qualify once for payout. Upon qualifying, the $250.00 bonus will be deposited by the close of the 91st day, into the member’s Free, Power of the Dollar or Power of the Dollar Plus checking account.
- A qualifying direct deposit is an ACH (Automated Clearing House) automatic electronic deposit. This can include salary / payroll, pension, Social Security, person to person (P2P) payments, or other ACH electronic deposit into a Free, Power of the Dollar or Power of the Dollar Plus checking account.
- Mobile check deposits, or deposits made at a branch or ATM do not qualify as an ACH/direct deposit.
- Primary account owner must be age 18 to be eligible.
- Promotion is for a limited time only and may end at any time without notice.
Rates, fees, and terms applicable can be located on the Firstmark Credit Union Truth-in-Savings Disclosures. The Credit Union may offer other rates for these types of accounts in the future.
- A new Free, Power of the Dollar or Power of the Dollar Plus checking account must remain open throughout the 90-day qualification period to receive up to $300 payout.
- $300* (For APY, Minimum Deposit requirements, and rates please see Firstmark’s Truth in Savings disclosures here Membership Guide)
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Firstmark Credit Union offers a variety of accounts available for you to maximize your savings with. While the free checking account allows you to earn the bonus and also gives you full access to a wide selection of features to better your banking experience for the future ahead. However this event triggers a hard pull so I do not recommend.
While Firstmark Credit Union offers fairly competitive CD rates, it is hard to compete against online banks. That being said you may want to check out our full list of Bank Rates and CD Rates.
If you are interested in a different banking experience, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and makes our site even better! Let us know if you signed up and if it was worth it!
*Check back at this page for updated Firstmark Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.
Andrew Cooper says
the credit union is a hard pull based on my quifax report
In November I made about $350 between Chase and a few other banks but now all these banks farther down the food chain most of them have representitives who have absolutely no idea of any bonuses. At any rate this deal is no longer good because after finding out what I was talking about the girl on the other end said, “They said we can’t do that.” ??????
Wendi S says
This sounds like you can get $75 without a direct deposit. Do you read it like that? Or do you have to do all 4 qualifications to get any bonus?
You have to live, work, or worship in San Antonio, TX to qualify for this promotion.