Learn about Huntington Perks Checking bonuses, promotions, and offers here. Get your Huntington Perks Checking Coupon here! Currently unavailable.
For residents of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Illinois, Huntington Bank is offering a $200 cash bonus when you open a Huntington Perks Checking account.
To earn the $200 bonus, you must make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening. $200 will be deposited into your Huntington Perks Checking account after all requirements are met.
Your Huntington Perks Checking Account has all the features you want such as interest on your Checking Balance, Fee Refunds for up to 5 non-Huntington ATM withdrawals per statement cycle, and 24-Hour Grace when you’re overdrawn.
I’ll review the Huntington Perks Checking offer below.
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$1,000 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$100 Cash||Review|
Huntington Perks Checking $200 Bonus
Huntington Bank offers a $200 cash bonus when you open a Huntington Perks Checking account. Direct deposit is not a requirement for this bonus.
- Account Type: Huntington Perks Checking
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull via ChexSystems, which does not affect your credit
- Opening Deposit: No minimum
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Service Fee: See below on how to waive
How To Earn The $200 Bonus
- Open a Huntington Perks Checking account online
- Make cumulative new money deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
- Your $200 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements. Your checking account must remain in an open status to receive the bonus.
- 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
- Earn Interest on Balances. 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield applies to all balance tiers.
- Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive 5 non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
- Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
- Huntington Perks Monthly Fee: Huntington Perks Checking has a $5 monthly account maintenance fee, but they’ll waive the fee when you keep $5,000 in total relationship balances.
- This offer is only available to applicants residing in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia.
- To qualify for the $200 cash bonus, you are required to open a new, qualifying Huntington Perks Checking account during the promotional period, and make cumulative deposits into the checking account of at least $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Your $200 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting the above requirements.
- Your checking account must remain in an open status to receive the bonus.
- This offer is only available to new checking customers.
- All existing Huntington checking customers, including those with any relationship (including fiduciary) to any other Huntington checking account, or those who closed a checking account within the last six months, are not eligible.
- Transfers from another Huntington deposit account do not count as a deposit.
- This offer cannot be used in combination with any other checking offer.
- For tax purposes, you will receive a Form 1099-INT from us for the cash bonus.
- Huntington reserves the right to limit an individual to one account-related gift incentive per rolling 12-month period across all deposit account relationships.
Huntington Perks Checking Account Information
Upon opening an account, Huntington will require you to have the following information prior to opening an account:
- Name, date of birth and residential address
- Contact information
- Employment information
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or state ID
- External bank account number and routing number of funding account
Listed below are eligible deposit methods for depositing money into your checking or savings account.
- Cash by teller
- Check by teller
- Bank transfer
- Cash by ATM
- Check by ATM
- Wire transfer
- Mobile/remote check deposit
- Direct deposit
- Interest Bearing
- Earn 0.02% Annual Percentage Yield on all balance tiers.
- Family Banking
- Earn more relationship benefits based on balances in all shared consumer accounts, owned by you or jointly with someone else.
- Minimum to Open
- No minimum deposit needed to open a Huntington Perks Account.
- Free ATM Withdrawals:
- Huntington will waive 5 non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees and reimburse you for fees charged by another ATM owner?.
- Credit Score Monitoring:
- Receive a monthly VantageScore® and quarterly credit snapshots, a credit score simulator and more at no added cost.
- Savings and Money Market:
- Get competitive rates. Get better relationship rates on savings and money market accounts when you own a Huntington checking account.
- Credit Card:
- Get 1.05% cash back on purchases made with your linked Voice Credit Card with Rewards#.
Huntington Perks Checking Account Pros & Cons
- You won’t be charged for the first five non-Huntington ATM withdrawals you make per statement cycle.
- 24-hour overdraft grace period.
- Avoid the monthly fee and have access to higher interest rates when you have multiple accounts with Huntington.
- 0.05% APY: Even for an interest-bearing checking account, the low APY that accompanies this account is unimpressive.
- You’ll need to maintain a combined minimum balance of $5,000 across your Huntington accounts to avoid the $5 monthly maintenance fee.
- The Huntington Perks Checking account is only available to residents of the following Midwest states: Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia.
- There are no free checks associated with this account, but you can order checks from Huntington’s website, by visiting a local bank branch or by calling 800-480-2265.
Alternative Huntington Checking Options
Remember, the offer is not available to existing checking customers, including fiduciaries, or those with checking accounts closed within the last six months.
They limit each customer to one new account related gift incentive per calendar year and you will also receive a Form 1099-INT from us for your cash bonus.
Sign up now for the Huntington Perks $200 checking bonus today to enjoy great features such as interest bearing account, ATM withdrawal rebates, free overdraft protection, free online banking, and much more. Get your Huntington Perks Checking Coupon today to open your account!
If you don’t live near their branch, we have a list of bank bonuses for you to choose from. If you’re looking to open a business account, learn more on Huntington’s fantastic business accounts or view more business account options.
I am trying to do research in advance, and it seems to require that you visit in person to close this account. Can you comment on this?
What should be the promo code to open such account at huntington branch. Because they say they do not have promo code handy in branch. They say you should get promo code to branch, trying to do it online myself does not expose promo code.
So can a person receiving $783.00 per month from Social Security sign up for Direct Deposit and get the $200.00 Bonus??
victor Himbaugh says
Huntinton requires a $1000 deposit within 60 days of opening the account BUT that can not be made by Zelle or a bank transfer. They do not count that as a deposit . I had deposited $2500 by Zelle and bank transfer . and they were not going to give me the bonus. I used the deposit feature where you take a picture of a check to make a deposit . I also took a screenshot where it said that was a deposit. BTW they do not require you to maintain any certain balance . Just deposit a $1000
Anurag Ray says
This promotion should not be placed with other nationwide promotions.
This is state specific.
Do ACHs still do the trick?
BTW, can I keep less than $5000 & pay the monthly fees, and still get the bonus?
This offer is not a nationwide offer. Here is the message I got when I tried to apply:
Come See Us
To open a Huntington account online you need to reside in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia or Wisconsin. We’re happy to help you open an account in person at any Huntington branch. You’ll be asked for two forms of identification. For more information, give us a call at (888) 810-1381.
Thank you for choosing Huntington.
Find a Branch
Can I receive the promotion code?
Just received the $200. Can I close the account now without penalty? I read the small print but didn’t see an awnser on that. Thanks
No you dont. Just has to show the $1000 in deposits within 60 days. Just did mine and waiting for the 200 to hit my account
victor himbaugh says
they told me that you will get it about a week or two after 90 days from opening the account. Also the deposit can not be via Zelle or a bank wire . Those are transfers not deposits . I finally used the deposit button where you take a picture of a paper check .
does anyone now do you need to leave the 1000 in until the bonus posts or not
victor himbaugh says
They told me no balance required well no big balance I left $40
It worked for me. Got my bonus 2 days after the 1K deposit. Did everything online.
I was told by a Huntington Bank Rep today (1/7/17) that the offers are only available to those who live within 35 miles of a branch. They expect you to live within a reasonable distance in case you need to visit a branch. I mentioned that I was referring to an online application, but the representative was firm.
Forgot to mention that I am in PA.